What did you do to your MKIV today?

TDIGAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2003 Jetta GLS Grey 5 spd. Previous: 2003 Jetta GLS Silver 5 spd (lost in a collision)
There are other similar threads for the B4s, the MK6s and MK7s, but have never seen one for the MKIVs... so I thought I might as well start one. :)

So what did I do to my MKIV Jetta today?

Switched over from my summer tires to my winter tires with black steelies.

Ready for the snow now.:rolleyes:

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Switched over from my summer tires to my winter tires with black steelies.

Ready for the snow now.:rolleyes:
I'm trying to make it to December before I put my winters on...lol. I picked up a second set of 08-10 City Golf Alloys this fall, so now I have two identical sets...one for my summers, and one for my winters.

Today, all I did was check and re-tighten all of my lug bolts.:D

mjydrafter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Just used my Frostheater for the first time this morning. It wasn't super cold (31), but it had defrosted a nice spot on the windshield. Started up with a good amount of heat in the car. I tried it the night before, but didn't have my fancy digital timer set correctly:(. Still fired right up at 20 degrees.

I have gone through the various electrical connectors with spray contact cleaner as I do other stuff on the car. When I installed the FH, I started going through them and using some D100 Deoxit on them. I did the easy one's as it was pretty cold when I installed the FH.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
Replaced the TB on the rebuild engine out of the car. Sure makes it easy!
This used engine from Dutch Auto Parts has a heated oil pan. Anyone had one ?

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
installed a new grille block with access for the new 60w LED spotlight. getting ready for night driving and feral hogs.

jmarvin

TDI
2004 JettaTDI
Just used my Frostheater for the first time this morning. It wasn't super cold (31), but it had defrosted a nice spot on the windshield. Started up with a good amount of heat in the car. I tried it the night before, but didn't have my fancy digital timer set correctly:(. Still fired right up at 20 degrees.

I have gone through the various electrical connectors with spray contact cleaner as I do other stuff on the car. When I installed the FH, I started going through them and using some D100 Deoxit on them. I did the easy one's as it was pretty cold when I installed the FH.
This is the third day that I have used my Frostheater. Not to cold but I get a kick out of using it. I was like a giddy schoolgirl the first time I plugged it in last week. :D

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
If you can change the title of the thread from Today to Lately, I would have something to contribute.

WardB

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 NB
Drove it. I do all maintence items during September. I don't plan on doing anything more 'till spring. I do keep a short set of tools, emergency heater, etc onboard. . . just in case.

mjydrafter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
If you can change the title of the thread from Today to Lately, I would have something to contribute.
I don't think anybody will hold you to the "today".

jmarvin said:
This is the third day that I have used my Frostheater. Not to cold but I get a kick out of using it. I was like a giddy schoolgirl the first time I plugged it in last week. :D
Yeah, the thing gets pretty warm. I'm pretty impressed. Of course now it's back up in the 50's. No complaints though.:D

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Took it out to terrorize the neighborhood. Oh - bought a new plug for the tdiheater.

guitarsail

TDI
2001 Jetta
Finally got a RossTech Cable and discovered what my waining mileage and slow car was all about. My MAF is shot! Unplugged it and not a stinking thing changed in how it drove (slow) except it threw a default air measurement on VAGCOM and drove exactly the same. Well that explains why my mileage has been falling to 40mpg over that past year and it can't get out of its own way.

I'm hoping that brings some pep back to her step and restores to fuel economy.

gots_a_sol

TDI
00 Jetta tdi
That is nice.....how many more inches of lift did this give you? Do you have part numbers.....I would like to do this to my 02' Jetta.

Looks to have settled at 2". 1" from the springs, 1" from the lift kit. Without the trailer hooked up there is a bit of a rake to the front.

Moog 81134 (v6 front springs)
Moog 81055 (wagon rear springs)
Bilstein TC shock 19-029429 x2
Bilstein TC strut 22-045744 x2
Evolution 1" lift kit

Tires are 205/70-15 Yokohama Geolanders which are about 1.5" taller than stock.

Rembrant

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Sand blasted and painted my spare Mk4 subframe today. Had to weld one of the sway-bar clamp nuts back in place, and then ran a tap through all of the threaded holes. Ugh...those old rubber mounts were a bear to remove.
It was cheap, and it cleaned up OK. I'll snap new mounts in, and then install this in the Beetle when I change the steering rack.

Xenodraken

TDI
'05 Jetta GLS TDI
Installed
Eibach 8575.680 - PRO-SYSTEM-PLUS

Eibach 5.81340K - PRO-ALIGNMENT Kit

kit comes with springs damper, front and rear anti roll bars. The alignment kit allows camber/caster changes.

Everything went together nicely too.

It lowered the car about an inch all around. was a bit of work to get the stock FSB out, because you have to lower the sub-frame, and learn some yoga when doing the job on jack-stands, but after 200kms with the new setup its causing many :D :D :D

something to be said about a matched set of components, even though its more $$$. very happy with the handling thus far.

Alignment feels spot on still, but i think ill take it in just to be sure. Anybody know an alignment shop that's familiar with the Eibach setups in southern ontario?

to.tdi

TDI
2001-2003 golf tdi-2010 q7 tdi
I cleaned my manifold and the egr valve which i think i broke it. The shaft inside egr doeant move anymore?

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
Winter shoes for the Jetta (Michelin X ice xi3) and the Golf got a new windshield. The Avus wheels feel so much lighter than my Long Beach especially turning at slow speeds.