EGR distal hose needed

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Need help. Son took ALH 2000 Tdi Jetta to Winslow Az from SoCal and water pump failed. Towed back. Mechanic replaced that. Am missing the distal hose from the EGR to ?.. This hose as the air temp and another sensor. Doesn’t have power. Trying to find the name of it and a drawing/ schematic where it goes.
Can not figure it out. Please help! I need a replacement part.
Thanks in Advance!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Can you share a picture of where you are talking? Intercooler hose with MAP sensor? Or pick from this picture:

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Hey gforce 1108. Pic helps a hell of a lot. It really does. I have muc better idea what I need now.
It is the curved black hose coming from the EGR valve that is connected by compression springs to a longer squarish black plastic part that has the IST sensor at the distal end..
Excellent.
Now what are the names of these parts so I can hunt them down.
Much appreciated.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Hey gforce 1108. Pic helps a hell of a lot. It really does. I have muc better idea what I need now.
It is the curved black hose coming from the EGR valve that is connected by compression springs to a longer squarish black plastic part that has the IST sensor at the distal end..
Excellent.
Now what are the names of these parts so I can hunt them down.
Much appreciated.
Sounds like this is what you are looking for:
https://www.idparts.com/upper-intercooler-to-egr-hose-oem-a4-alh-p-3545.html

You can probably find one used off a car someone is parting out.

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
But there is something g further connected to that. I’m missing all of that
What is that part called. Now I need 2 parts. Haha then, what is the part called attached to that that has the sensor attachment? 3 parts I need. What is that attached to? I need all that it’s missing. Thanks fellas!

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
So whats connected to that hose etc. I’m missing all that and I need those names so I can track and order. I can see them in the pic. Looked at a zillion diagrams but can’t figure it out .......

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
I don't own an ALH but the hose should be held on with 2 60 mm spring clamps. Part number
N90781601. When looking for parts related to a known part number go to one of the dealer websites and plug in the number. It will give you a diagram of related parts. Examples of these websites are 1stvwparts, jimellisvw, vwpartsvortex. In addition many sites will give you what people looked at that item also bought and a list of possible things yout may need. I'D PARTS is like this.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
turborod said:
BobnOH said:
Don't know what a distal pipe is, but it should be on this diagram.
I looked at all those type of diagrams before I posted. Let me see if I can explain the “distal” part a little better I’ve lost everything from the EGR that goes toward the passenger side. Where does that go? What are the names of those parts so I can s avenge them? I know there is a small 90 degree hose that hooks up to a plastic piece. That piece being hollow looking like a square pipe or something? What is the name of those pieces and where does it go? At the end of that there is a sensor attachment.
I looked up distal.
part 2 goes down toward the passenger side. The diagram shows alternates according to motor and transmission, much of the rest is vacuum tubing. Have you checked all those are other and properly connected.
Can you see the missing parts in Post #3?

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Yes. I see the missing parts in pic #3 (first pic I found indicating those missing parts).
The missing parts are larger per pic#3. It appears a squarish and an elongated tube (mines an automatic trans) with the, per pic #12 part indicating the IAT sensor. What is the name of that part por favor? Where does it go? What does it do? Didn’t see it on the diagram but appreciate it! Besides the 45 degree hose I need that part and all “distal” or away parts. Totally missing those. No idea if they fell off, lost or whatever. Thanks

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Wonderful. Very nice diagram. Hope is not the whole shishkbobs.. will check later
At #3 in the diagram what is that?

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
I need the upper inter cooler hose and the and upper intercooler to egr hose. Together they are about $250 new from ID parts. I like them but I want to do on the cheap first. I looked at it this afternoon as the sun is coming out from behind the clouds. Yes we finally got some rai. In SoCal.
Appreciate it a lot gentlemen. Take Care and all the best Gforce n Bob n Ohio!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I need the upper inter cooler hose and the and upper intercooler to egr hose. Together they are about $250 new from ID parts. I like them but I want to do on the cheap first. I looked at it this afternoon as the sun is coming out from behind the clouds. Yes we finally got some rai. In SoCal.
Appreciate it a lot gentlemen. Take Care and all the best Gforce n Bob n Ohio!

Keep an eye out in the classified section. Those are parts that people swap out for custom intercooler setups. If the parts from a beetle were the same I'd set you up! (they aren't unfortunately)

The shop that pulled it apart doesn't have the parts anymore? Maybe in the trunk :)