04 Jetta just quit running..

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Had a question about intercoolers? When digging into my issues I noticed one of the plastic mounting tabs is cracked. I assume it's been like this since buying the car in 08. I was considering buying a new IC for a couple of reasons,contamination,broken and upgrading to better match the VNT 17 turbo. I saw fixmyVW sales a SMIC as well as Eurojet...I'm sure that there is others as well. Looking for Pro's/Con's and any suggestions for IC's.
Also considering getting new injectors to take advantage of the VNT 17 turbo as well. Any suggestions on who to buy from and type of injectors would be great. Thanks

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I have read on here that the tuners feel that the stock injectors are plenty big enough for most power upgrades.

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
That's would be great if that's the case...I'm not looking for huge horsepower...just wanting to match things up with the turbo and have it run/drive as efficient and smooth as possible. Anywhere I can save and roll funds into other things like a upgraded clutch would be great!
Thanks for the input!

dunerking

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta TDI
Been researching a lot,and have a plan for the car. Just wanted to run it past the experts for any additional thoughts/suggestions. Of course this plan is before diving in deeper into the car,which I hope there is no further issues beyond the turbo. I'd like to purchase from one vendor,and have looked at IDParts,Kerma,and AARODRIGUEZ.
-VNT 17 turbo with new oil feed line and EGR pipe
-necessary tune to match VNT 17
-new intercooler as my stock IC has a broken tab(Kerma and AA both offer "upgraded IC)
-South Bend St-2 daily clutch
-3 bar sensor? Not sure if I need this
Let know what u guys think,and open for all suggestions. Thanks

Genesis

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon
I bought a "TacoTaco" IC many years ago off eBAY when my original started leaking around the plastic end-pieces; it was cheaper than OE and somewhat larger (along with being all-metal.)

It was an almost-exact drop-in replacement (had to be shimmed a bit for the brackets, but otherwise fine) and a hella long time later it's still as good as the day it went in the car. A bit less heat soak-susceptible than the original as well.