Reservoir, steering fluid

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 1959 DeSoto with leopard-skin seat covers
When putting an AHU in a Mk2, what options do you suggest for the steering fluid reservoir?

A Corrado reservoir is fine, but mighty hard to find…

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Whatever you want...just needs to be higher than the pump. Ive used anything from monster cans to VP fuel cans to the little cylindrical ones found in yj jeeps(dont tell anyone I used a jeep part in am fj40)

clyde

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 1959 DeSoto with leopard-skin seat covers
Hey, PickledRick, how you and Florence getting along?? Hope you can ride it out OK!

Corrado PS reservoir is ideal for Mk2; small size is very good…

Last edited:

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
Im 4.5 hrs inland. My sister rode it out in Wilmington, my mom came up here, she lives in myrtle a short walk from the ocean.

We my sister's place got some bad roof damage and then rain water damage.

My mom's place had some sticks to clean up.

On my side of the state, it rained and ruined my plans for hanging out on the lake all weekend.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
B3/4 cars used a cylindrical reservoir strapped to the upper rad support near the battery. That wouldn't be a bad choice. Original Mk2 cars used a square PS container strapped to a bracket mounted to the driver side frame horn just above the trans. That also would work pretty well. Mk3 cars had an odd shaped container mounted to the battery support pan also close to the rad support. It's the least friendly to work with IMO.

The nice thing about using factory setup for this is your hoses will always be available and you won't have to deal with custom hoses or stuff that doesn't actually fit.

Steve

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
I found the B4 one fits best, nestled into the notch in a mk2 washer reservoir. just needed to make a little bracket to hang it off the inner fender.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
mid-late 90s ford truck/suv/vans had a good one, with a screen and two-bolt bracket integrated. 3/8" inlet and 5/8" outlet for the pump suction

get one for a dollar at the junkyard