What did you do to your MK7 today?

SpecialTest

TDI
'15 GSW TDI S
Sure. Scan gauge is an OBD reader that you plug into the port on your car. It can read many parameters and you can add custom ones. I use it to monitor Coolant Temp, Exhaust Gas Temp, DPF filter temp and Boost. If you've ever shut your car off and the fan kept running for upwards of 10 minutes you interrupted a Regeneration cycle of the DPF. using this gauge I can check EGT and DPF temp before shutdown. If in a cycle they will be up 1100-1200 degrees. At that point I can leave it run until it finishes.
Why though? Hasn't VW already thought about this, hence the fan running and stuff after you turn off the car?

ChimneyJim

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 SportWagen SEL
Why though? Hasn't VW already thought about this, hence the fan running and stuff after you turn off the car?
I view the fan running as a safety net to bring the temps down to a safe level. It's not completing the process. I started doing this 3 years ago with my Passat. I've seen many problems at work with DPF problems on equipment and figure anything I can do to help the efficiency and longevity is worth it. It's entirely probable that most will never have any issue or even be aware of anything.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GolfS, GTI 18s, H&R springs, Stage 2
Has everyone heard the news about the smog fraud? I'm wondering how long before the fix and recall?

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Has everyone heard the news about the smog fraud? I'm wondering how long before the fix and recall?
Yeah.

I'm going to be refusing that recall when the dealer proposes it. Improving emissions necessarily means harming either fuel economy or performance (or both).

Besides, there's no emissions testing here, so there's no defrauding occurring.

gnuworldorder

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
took it back to the dealership because when i got downhill after a heavy rain a stream of water comes out of my garage door buttons

Sunnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW
[/URL][/IMG]
This was in August, I just kept forgetting to post it. I tinted the all the windows and I went with a LLumar ATC 20% and debabged the car.

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
Installed a Malone stage 2, took short test drive after, and a big difference!

Bikebits

TDI
TDI Sportwagen 6MT
Had the winter wheels installed today. 195/65-15 General Altimax Artics on steelies. Also removed the roof rack bars for going through car washes during winter.

Looks like none too soon. The forecast is for 3-5" of snow on Saturday.

doctorkb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI

Ordered hub caps like this for my steel wheels:

Part # 5N0601169XRW - intended fitment is the Tiguan, but the bolt pattern is correct.

Should protect the hubs a bit from the nasty salt junk we get on the roads here...

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
Had the winter wheels installed today. 195/65-15 General Altimax Artics on steelies. Also removed the roof rack bars for going through car washes during winter.

Looks like none too soon. The forecast is for 3-5" of snow on Saturday.
Hard to tell from the pic, do you have hub end caps on there, or just the wheels?

Bikebits

TDI
TDI Sportwagen 6MT
Hard to tell from the pic, do you have hub end caps on there, or just the wheels?
The centres are the axle stubs. I was surprised to see that the rear ones have an Audi "OOOO" logo on them.

I got the setup at an aftermarket tire supplier, but the wheels are a prefect fit. Practically a press fit on the axles and clear the brakes probably by less than 1/2".

andyrooski17

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
The centres are the axle stubs. I was surprised to see that the rear ones have an Audi "OOOO" logo on them.

I got the setup at an aftermarket tire supplier, but the wheels are a prefect fit. Practically a press fit on the axles and clear the brakes probably by less than 1/2".
Hopefully TireRack, because that's where I got mine!

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
Do tell. I am interested in doing this to my golf sometime in the future. What are the differences you feel?
A big difference, feels much stronger than advertised. If I didn't have traction control, it would blow the tires right off! :D

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI

Got my VWR springs installed this week! I am very happy with them and highly suggest them to anyone.
How much stiffer are they? I love the handling of my H&Rs, but the ride is a little harsh for my old tired back. :(

goes2fast

Veteran Member
TDI
Winter is here!

Switched my tires to my Blizzaks a couple of weeks ago. ;)