Houston TDI owners

horsieclatter

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Thank you uberdiesel. Obviously, my bone-stock 2000 jetta is running fine and getting 46-47 mpg with my lead foot in it...heh heh heh.

Any news in a local informal gtg??? ...before I need my fuel filter changed out?? I have a spare, but that particular video will not play for me, aargh. Houston and the surrounding metroplex is a large area, therefore nowhere will be convenient to anybody. Sequin is much closer than montreal, but still not local enough for me...

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,

I'm here in austin, today and will meet w/ NathanMSL tomorrow for some tuning joy. Let me know if there are any friday night "VTroubleU" hangouts in the area - be cool to hook up. Got programmer :)

hey Dan - thatvwguy - you out there?

Jeff

Hey uberdiesel - hows it going?

Last edited:

jsrmonster

TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Hi,
I'll be at BARtuning today in Houston working.
6615 Dixie Dr, 77087
(713) 645-4404

I plan on heading back to PA tomorrow, but will stay and help Mike until the work is done!
Jeff

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
Man, I bet Nathan's car will be awesome when you are done with it, cant wait to hear about it.

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
TDikook said:
Man, I bet Nathan's car will be awesome when you are done with it, cant wait to hear about it.

It would have been nice, but my VNT20 failed after 10 minutes of run time. :mad:

Last edited:

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
jsrmonster said:
Hey uberdiesel - hows it going?
Thanks Jeff, I'm doing well.

It was great to see you today at BAR Tuning. I hope you have a good stay here in Houston and look forward to seeing you again at the November 17 GTG in Seguin.

Best Regards,

Fr. Michael

cokerdawg

TDI
04 Jetta GL TDI
Newb

Say man, newb here from Lumberton, just a bit north of Beaumont. I'm finishing the deal on my 04 Jetta. I'll get some pics up soon. Just wanted to say Howdy neighbor.

jsrmonster

TDI
Hi Texans,
I finally made it home, the drive was great, no problems except some hood scratches from a lawn crew mowing grass in the median and shooting crap into moving traffic :-( I saw traffic swerving and junk bouncing all over the road and slammed on the brakes and got over to the curb lane but stuff was in motion and bang. I also got cut off by a 50' rv towing a car, He got over and must of forgot he was towing a car. Funny thing he was going 80 and didn't need to pass anyone, probably falling asleep cuz no blinker. Americans don't know how to drive safe anyway, go to europe and drive the autobahn and learn the proper way to give signals and right of way. Mooove over when beamer is flashing lights and coming up on you at 160mph or you die.

BARtuning is awesome and Mike is very passionate about VW's and a very good wrench (mechanic). Nathans car was very fast and ran great after we rebuilt the turbo that only lasted 2 minutes (not RC tuned on his 1st test drive of new/reman turbo).

I'll be back Nov 17 at seguin gtg and hope to see you all there again.

Jeff

jsrmonster

TDI
I hope to return to BARtuing TDI gtgs in the future. Keep up the good work Mike, and look forward to your manifold kits.

Jeff

Last edited:

xDieselxTunerx

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL, 2010 BMW 335d, 2014 BMW 535d
Hey guys I just moved to Houston (katy area) from Cali. Its nice to know there are alot of tdi owners here cause I just got a 2006 jetta tdi. Within in my first few days here I met mike at bartuning and he is a really nice guy. Looking forward to the seguin meet and getting my car chipped jeff at rocket. Just wanted to introduce myself.

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
Welcome to the club, it seems that your off to a good start in meeting the folks in Houston. We'll see you in Seguin

Nathan

xDieselxTunerx said:
Hey guys I just moved to Houston (katy area) from Cali. Its nice to know there are alot of tdi owners here cause I just got a 2006 jetta tdi. Within in my first few days here I met mike at bartuning and he is a really nice guy. Looking forward to the seguin meet and getting my car chipped jeff at rocket. Just wanted to introduce myself.

bluenorther

TDI
2006 Jetta
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
I'm new to the TDI world. I have an '06 Jetta I just purchased a couple months ago and love it. Beats the heck out of the 17 mpg I was getting with my '01 3/4T Ford superduty 4X4. Especially when I was driving 65 miles each way to work.
Yes, I know where West Columbia is since I drive thru it everyday on my commute. Hwy 35, Bay City to Alvin (FM2917). Anyone know where I can get my jetta serviced in or around Matagorda County? I bought it from a guy on ebay in the Hou area and mistakenly assumed there was a dealership closer than 100 miles from home. It's only got 38k miles on it but it started stammering and hesitating on acceleration a few weeks ago and I was recommended to check to see if the EGR vlv is stuck. All I got to do now if figure out how to do that. Which reminds me, anyone know where I can find a maintenance manual for it?
I'll keep checkin the board to see when there might be a GTG in our area.
Good to meet ya'll.
Regards,
Bluenorther

xbangu

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Hello all-

I just moved to Houston (belliare/SH6), anyway I am having some intermittent issue with my MAF ( just replace it 3K ago). Anyone with a vag-com would like to help me diagnose it, lunch is on me. '04 gli tdi.

thanks,

xbangu at yahoo or (949)579 0485

xbangu

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Lightflyer1 said:
If no one else pops up I'm in Austin if you are ever up this way.
No one yet so far and I will let you know if I do go to Austin, but not anytime soon... thanks

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'10 Jetta Cup 6spd, '02 Jetta Auto
bluenorther said:
Just thought I'd pop in and say hello.
I'm new to the TDI world. I have an '06 Jetta I just purchased a couple months ago and love it. Beats the heck out of the 17 mpg I was getting with my '01 3/4T Ford superduty 4X4. Especially when I was driving 65 miles each way to work.
Yes, I know where West Columbia is since I drive thru it everyday on my commute. Hwy 35, Bay City to Alvin (FM2917). Anyone know where I can get my jetta serviced in or around Matagorda County? I bought it from a guy on ebay in the Hou area and mistakenly assumed there was a dealership closer than 100 miles from home. It's only got 38k miles on it but it started stammering and hesitating on acceleration a few weeks ago and I was recommended to check to see if the EGR vlv is stuck. All I got to do now if figure out how to do that. Which reminds me, anyone know where I can find a maintenance manual for it?
I'll keep checkin the board to see when there might be a GTG in our area.
Good to meet ya'll.
Regards,
Bluenorther
What about your fuel filter. It should be changed at 40K(along with the rest of your 40K service due soon) I just did mine at 20K on saturday and it was black. This could be an easy $20 fix for your problem...

BTW do you have records for all oil changes on the car? You really want to make sure the car was always serviced with 505.01 rated oil for your PD motor...

I have a dealer real close to where i live but i have not taken my care there in..... well sense new 20k miles ago when it was purchased...lol

Last edited:

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
The Woodlands TDI owner

Hi all:

I just purchased a 4 door Golf GLS 2002 TDI from a nice family in Austin. The car has 67,500 on it and I have all the maintenance records since new. I'm looking for all the help and advice I can get here seeing this is my first real diesel (had a 81 Chevy wagon diesel - don't ask..:( ) and I need to re-learn the maintenance schemes. I do a lot of routine maintenance work myself. The seller gave me a new Bentley VW service manual also!

I am in the Woodlands and have been in Texas 15 years. I work in the Tomball area as an engineer in the consulting field. I used to work for Big Oil.

This is a nice site and I am glad I ran across it!:)

KellyF

TDI
2000 Cyber Green Beetle
Hi All,

I'm Kelly from the Pearland area. Who can take lead to arrange a diesel meet in the Houston area? Maybe we could piggy-back on an Air Cooled meet just to make things interesting.

HotRodDiesels

TDI
Still Looking
2002 Jetta, auto, stock for now.
www.HotRodDiesels.com This is who I am.
Here's what I'm looking for: I need someone to advise me on learning my Jetta.
I do not have time to do the research.
What I will do in return is offer the use of my shop to the right individual in exchange for walking me through the maintenance and upgrades.

I would also like to offer my location as a site for a GTG.

If yall would be interested in seeing a 10 second drag truck I have one here :D

Also, I have Vagcom if yall need the use of it, the only thing I ask is you have to show me how to use it ;)

I don't have much time to get on here, so someone contact me directly, 832-932-1432 Michael

06JettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Purchased 2006 Jetta TDI today... White with Dark grey interior, 5 speed manual, sunroof... runs great and is soild. Handles like new... I live in the Spring Woodlands area... looking for a good TDI mecahinic when and if it is needed... plan on doing general maintenance myself.... oil and fuel filter probably need to be changed as I do not trust the dealer to have put the correct oil in it when they changed the oil. Purchased from a Honda dealership... unlikely they went to a VW place to get oil...

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06JettaGuy said:
Purchased 2006 Jetta TDI today... White with Dark grey interior, 5 speed manual, sunroof... runs great and is soild. Handles like new... I live in the Spring Woodlands area... looking for a good TDI mecahinic when and if it is needed... plan on doing general maintenance myself.... oil and fuel filter probably need to be changed as I do not trust the dealer to have put the correct oil in it when they changed the oil. Purchased from a Honda dealership... unlikely they went to a VW place to get oil...
I would ask them that... And for all previous records! Otherwise get 505.01 in there ASAP. How many miles does the car have? Congrats and welcome by the way.

Ps Sorry you will find many who are worried about using, or buying a used car without a complete history of oil changes, that may have used any non 505.01 oil in the PD cars. (ie >2004 BEW or BRM) and the resulting lifter/cam damage that can/will happen if the cars is run on such non spec oils.

Blue91

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
06JettaGuy said:
Welcome. I'm in the Cypress area and have done all the maintenance stuff you've mentioned on my 06 (until I traded it for my 09). I can help show you the ropes if you'd like when the time comes.

Get a Pella Extractor for the oil changes... I had never used one until I got my Jetta and now I won't do an oil change without it!

Blue91

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Also, as a side note... anyone reading this semi-close to the north side of town and have Vag-com? I am about to put new wheels/tires on my car and want to turn off the low tire-pressure warning that is going to pop up everytime I start the car. Thanks in advance.

SBAtdijetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Blue91 said:
Also, as a side note... anyone reading this semi-close to the north side of town and have Vag-com? I am about to put new wheels/tires on my car and want to turn off the low tire-pressure warning that is going to pop up everytime I start the car. Thanks in advance.
Blue,

I have Vag-com, I'm also in Cypress, and am more than happy to help. I don't know how to do that specific item, but if you know how to do it, or can look it up/where to find it, or it is not that hard to do I am sure we can figure it out and do it.

Send me a PM if you want. I'm mostly free this Friday but just let me know and we can work out a time/place.
-Steve

Lew

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Sportswagen
The Jetta!

06JettaGuy said:
Congrats 06JettaGuy on the new car, Now you can burn a little diesel. I know where Spring Tx is. I will drop by just before Christmas if thats OK. We can drop in a fuel filter, change the engine oil and filter. Also check the speedometer. http://www.oemtdifilters.com/ is where I get my stuff. Any order over $50 free shipping. :D Leaving in a few hours heading to Atlanta to bring back my 71 Bug. It's going to get a complete resto. Will have dropped spindals, disk brakes, new paint job, and a new engine with plenty of power. Cal look for sure.:cool: Now I will have two VW's in the Garage. When finished maybe the 71 will be quicker than the 05.