500,000 miles!

TriviaSteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 550K miles, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S, 100K miles and a 65 beetle
I reached 500,000 miles in my 2003 JSW today! for some reason, can't post a picture of the odometer, but I did it!

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
That is pretty sweet! Congrats!

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
Awesome! What are the details? What do you do to rack up the miles? What parts have been changed in the drivetrain, the undercarriage, the interior?

TriviaSteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 550K miles, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S, 100K miles and a 65 beetle
i'm pretty fortunate, i guess. TB every 100K, synthetic oil and filters every 10K, air filters, fuel filters etc... fan relay, blower motor, transmission mount...

Only major thing done has been clutch at 300K (needs a new transmission now, though), and I had a water pump fail a little while back.

It has its idiosyncrasies, and could use some interior and exterior work... glove box broken, annoying electrical issues, seat torn, bumps & scrapes on the outside... but she's a work horse and I've learned to deal with some of the annoyances.

She was a southern car - spent most of her life in Tennessee, so there's not really any rust/frame issues.

I will say that Firestone is kicking themselves for selling me a lifetime alignment :) I'll bet they've aligned my car at least a dozen times. My mechanic seems to think there's no reason why it won't go to at least 600K - as far as the engine is concerned.

Other than that, this has been the best car ever! Hoping to get it to 600K and beyond!

Last edited:

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
Only 329K on my Jetta - hope I get as many miles out it as as my 1992 Geo Metro. It has 519K on the original bottom end engine & transmission and I'd still be using it if I didn't buy the Jetta from a retiring co-worker. Head on the Metro was still good but I had a bad head gasket and figured I should just put a rebuilt on if I'm going to take it off.

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Mine's at 143k, having just turned 65, I'm hoping this is my last car.
I average 20k a year, should make it till I'm in my 80's. Fingers crossed
both of us make it that long. {:eek:)

KAT90

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
Don't we have a "500K Club" thread?
I have about 20K to go before hitting the half mil mark on my '99.

montyypythonss

TDI
2002 jetta
Turned 500k last week in my 2002 Jetta. Manual trans has about 400k, valeo clutch has 335k miles, changed the alternator at 492k, changed ac compressor at 420k, original turbo, PP502 nozzles and injectors about 400k on them. 2nd set of lower control arms. run shell rotella t 5w40 change every 10k. still drive it every day, transmission is getting hard to downshift probably fork pins or synchronizers. checked oil on dipstick just before last oil change and it was still on the full mark.