www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old August 7th, 2017, 13:23   #121
2015vwgolfdiesel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: City mid 40s ~ Road mid 50s

Quote:
Originally Posted by eutecticpt View Post

Have not taken delivery of the car--is this a deal breaker?
IMO

....... run like a scalded jack rabbit
Old August 7th, 2017, 13:26   #122
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015vwgolfdiesel View Post
Forgive my lack of EXACT figures

The trust is small-ish

And they add to it as funds are drown down

In the case of a BK

... good bye NEW funding

I'm I wrong
Here's the court document answer:
The Settlement adequately and fairly compensates Class Members. The Settlement requires Volkswagen to establish a Funding Pool in the amount of $10.033 billion. (Dkt. No. 1685 ¶ 2.42.) This amount presumes 100% Buyback of all purchased Eligible Vehicles and 100% Lease Termination of all leased Eligible Vehicles.
Old August 7th, 2017, 14:10   #123
2015vwgolfdiesel
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: City mid 40s ~ Road mid 50s

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
Here's the court document answer:

The Settlement adequately and fairly compensates Class Members.

The Settlement requires Volkswagen to establish a Funding Pool in the amount of $10.033 billion.

(Dkt. No. 1685 ¶ 2.42.) This amount presumes 100% Buyback of all purchased Eligible Vehicles and 100% Lease Termination of all leased Eligible Vehicles.
And in the small print Minimum escrow funding is 'bout 7.5 % ????

~~~ The initial Funding Amount shall be $1,500,000,000. If and when the funding level of the Escrow Account reaches the “Minimum Balance,” which shall initially be set at $1,250,000,000, the Escrow Agent shall alert Defendant, and Defendant shall,

within 7 business days, deposit such funds in the Escrow Account as are necessary to bring the balance back to the Funding Amount

F. Every 6 months after the Escrow Account is first funded, the Funding Amount shall be adjusted to the lower of (i) the initial amount of $1,500,000,000 or (ii) 25% of the amount of the total Funding Pool that has not yet been spent, as verified by the Claims Supervisor.

In the event that the Funding Amount is adjusted, the minimum balance shall be adjusted proportionately. For example, if the Funding Amount is adjusted to $900,000,000, the Minimum Balance shall be adjusted to $750,000,000. ~~~
Old August 7th, 2017, 14:44   #124
Mike in Anchorage
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_J View Post
My point, sure you can tow with EV, but if you can't get anywhere due to the range sucking, what good is it? Someday the technology will get there, but it is not there today. Also the electricity to charge all the EV has to come from some where. We are lucky here in the NW, our power comes from clean Hydro. But in other areas of the country, if you have to burn more hydrocarbons to generate all the extra power to charge all the EV's, are we any farther ahead with pollution going into the air? I don't have the answer.
Let's be honest here, some of your power comes from clean hydro and some comes from exported pollution from generators in eastern Montana.
~ I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
2009 Salsa Red Jetta TDI Sportwagen, built 10/08, "Ruby" new on 24 DEC 08, DSG, big sunroof. Lovin it!
Mike in Anchorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2017, 18:02   #125
Don Splaun
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None now

Here is the 2015 warranty link

https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/pdf/V...Gen3_Final.pdf

Injectors are included

Last edited by Don Splaun; August 8th, 2017 at 18:03. Reason: Added notes
Don Splaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2017, 06:54   #126
eutecticpt

TDI(s): 2004 Jetta

Took delivery of our 2015 Golf Sport wagon yesterday--13,750 miles on the odometer. Love it! Great power, smooth and quiet. According to the computer, we got 60.8 mpg on our trip back from Atlanta. Mostly running 65 mph. I realize that is most likely and over estimate and I plan on refueling and calculating the mileage. Even if the computer is off by 10%, I'm still getting mid 50's--better than a hybrid!
eutecticpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 06:10   #127
r11
Veteran Member

Welcome to the Club.

Well over 50Mpg is easy at under 75Mph on a warmer day.

Figure out what you want to do for maintenance cycle.

I suggest "resetting" the cycle @ 20K, to get back on schedule
r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2017, 07:23   #128
eutecticpt

The car received the 20K service at about 13723 before it was offered up for sale. I intend to have the car serviced at 20K to get it back on the recommended schedule. My son was interested in my 2004 Jetta TDI wagon until he drove our 2015 GSW--now he may not want our 04.
Old August 14th, 2017, 09:08   #129
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by eutecticpt View Post
Took delivery of our 2015 Golf Sport wagon yesterday--13,750 miles on the odometer. Love it! Great power, smooth and quiet. According to the computer, we got 60.8 mpg on our trip back from Atlanta. Mostly running 65 mph. I realize that is most likely and over estimate and I plan on refueling and calculating the mileage. Even if the computer is off by 10%, I'm still getting mid 50's--better than a hybrid!
I've recorded by best tank even on the JSW taking I-26 to Columbia and then I-77 back to Charlotte from Atlanta. It was around 52 (IIRC). Typical tanks for me are around 40. Must be something magical about fleeing Atlanta!
Old August 14th, 2017, 10:59   #130
St.Hubbins
Veteran Member

what do y'all think the inventory will be like over the next 3-5 months for used GSW tdi? part of me says - "wait for the holidays" and part of me says "get one before they're all gone"
Old August 15th, 2017, 05:46   #131
eutecticpt

Trip computer was not very accurate. Actual MPG for my first tank was 52.9--still awesome, but not 60.8! Was hoping the trip computer was more accurate.
Old August 15th, 2017, 07:28   #132
r11
Veteran Member

I'd say inventory will stay flat, short to mid term. All the die hards have satisfied their asks.

In general, used car market will probably go through a big correction. But, TDIs are a special breed.
r11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2017, 09:25   #133
unique_name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed Ixnay View Post
I am tempted to find me a 2015 Passat TDI to replace my 2010 Jetta TDI. The fact that it is bigger, newer, less miles, and less wear and tear on the vehicle make me want one bad. It would cost me about $7k-$10k if I sold my Jetta back, but it is tempting.

When I factor in I need to do my timing belt, brakes are due soon, and DSG next 10k miles, it could save me some $$. On the other hand my Jetta TDI has never given me mechanical issues. My ignition switch did just go out, but it's fixed now. It's nice knowing how our car was treated, but a newer car does sound nice.

i just pulled the trigger on a swap of a 2012 jetta for a 2015 jetta. i really didn't WANT to but fiscally it was silly not to. for a little over 9K I got into a CPO car 3 years newer with 15K miles from a car with 151K+. i still have the balance of the new car warranty then the CPO warranty kicks in and on top of that the VW extended emissions warranty. a diesel with 15k that comes with an 11 warranty for 9K? how do i not take it? like some else posted here "its like we won a car lottery"
unique_name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2017, 11:17   #134
teamyoga

I don't have an educated opinion but that doesn't seem to stop anyone so ...

Seems price point for 2015 TDI Jetta inventory (that's what I'm researching) varies greatly by geographic region. Out here in the PNW they're $20K. In the south, about $17k. My internal debate (which I was hoping to hash out here once I filtered through the sidebar of Sirius Radio)is whether I jump up from my 2012 Jetta TDI (6M) to a '15. It makes sense to me to drop my vehicle miles in half, get a newer vehicle, a serious warranty to go with, and perhaps some mechanical upgrades (engine improvement, backup camera etc) without having to go into my own pocket (BB).

Really appreciate those of you who have provided feedback on this very thing as you have waded through your own similar jaunt.
Old August 19th, 2017, 12:34   #135
St.Hubbins
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamyoga View Post
I don't have an educated opinion but that doesn't seem to stop anyone so ...

Seems price point for 2015 TDI Jetta inventory (that's what I'm researching) varies greatly by geographic region. Out here in the PNW they're $20K. In the south, about $17k. My internal debate (which I was hoping to hash out here once I filtered through the sidebar of Sirius Radio)is whether I jump up from my 2012 Jetta TDI (6M) to a '15. It makes sense to me to drop my vehicle miles in half, get a newer vehicle, a serious warranty to go with, and perhaps some mechanical upgrades (engine improvement, backup camera etc) without having to go into my own pocket (BB).

Really appreciate those of you who have provided feedback on this very thing as you have waded through your own similar jaunt.
i'd strongly agree that it makes sense to take advantage and grab one. i just put a deposit down on a '15 GSW SE w/ under 7k miles - $20k out the door for a pristine, basically new TDI?
almost can't believe my luck, really.