Limp mode ... new everything, and still limp!

big_worm81

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta TDI's
Hello all, My 99 A3 Jetta has had cleaned intake, new wastegate actuator, new N75, new vacuum hoses ... and still I am loosing boost on steep grades (100kph) and on highway (130km/h) ... the car just looses all power. Where should I look next?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Define "loses boost"

Does it go into limp mode and set a boost deviation DTC? If so, sounds like you have a charge air leak somewhere, most common place is the rubber hose into the intake manifold.

big_worm81

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta TDI's
Oil Hammer ... sorry, my car is entering limp mode and throwing "00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure 17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent "

I haven't replaced the ECU hose in the '99, but I did replace it in my '98 as a result of "65535 internal control module memory error 35- 10 intermittent" ... I didn't think the small ECU hose flagged as "00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure 17-10 - Control Difference - Intermittent" ... I will replace it when I get the chance and let you know if it helps.

It is not the intake hose from the inter cooler ... I just checked it and its tight. Thanks!

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
It may be tight,but these hoses like to split on the backside where you can't see it,especially when they get older.They are rather pricey from the dealer(well over $100)-and the picture in the above post is what some members have done for a "temporary" fix(can get 2 hoses out of the 1 radiator hose)-take the hose off and inspect for splits.....

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Oh geez, another ambulance chaser :rolleyes:

Seriously, get a hobby. LOTS of cars, MOST of them now, have some sort of limp/failsafe mode for all kinds of things. If this troubles you, ride a bike.