DC/Baltimore area social/lunch GTG - February 21, 2015 @ noon

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I thought that the service and food was pretty good, we were the only big group in there for a good hour or so until the soccer team arrived then it was chaos.

I'd love to see the inner harbor in Baltimore and the Potomac before they thaw though :)

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
I'd be up for something like that, although I would imagine that it will be spectacularly busy when it first opens.

I went down to Tim's Rivershore yesterday for lunch and the view of the iced up Potomac River was awesome. Might need to go back there for a GTG at some point, too.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/T...46,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x670e820cdaea00a5
The service and food that some folks got there last time might put a damper on turnout. I was fine, but there were lots of complaints.
I thought that the service and food was pretty good, we were the only big group in there for a good hour or so until the soccer team arrived then it was chaos.

I'd love to see the inner harbor in Baltimore and the Potomac before they thaw though :)
They're taking about another GTG down in VA, not the place we went.

Last edited:

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Lito, there was a GTG at Tim's a couple of years ago that was not totally successful. I think you missed it.
Yeah I did miss it. I remembered the thread. ATR thought you guys were taking about Ram's head's service this past Saturday.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
We have no plans next Sunday.

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
I am still up for the place in Manasass/Centerville with pistol range and cafe, also a high speed cart place near Dulles somewhere, I thought service was excellent and it was a great spot, It would be nice to be there in nice weather, just remember B5 avalible just around the corner!

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
That's awesome! I-97 was terrible we went the same way but to the tunnel. What camera do you use? Where did you sit at the table?
I need to get a dash cam.
L
I use this dash cam:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00N6AWQ5I/ref=pd_aw_sim_p_2?refRID=0QEW3XY201KDWYDP6ZZT

There's a lot of info about it online as well as a thriving community that is there for support and info. They've also been great with updates for the camera's firmware :cool:

I have it set to loop video (so that the oldest video is deleted first when more space is needed). It records the loop video in 5 minute intervals.
I also have it set to automatically start recording as soon as power is applied and stops as soon as it is disconnected from power. Just so happens that the 12v power outlet gets power only when the car is running anyway.

I used Windows movie maker to edit the video as well as speed it up by 8x.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Video turned out pretty well! I'm pretty impressed with that little dash cam. :cool: