09A transmission temp sensor

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4, 1.9L, BEW, 393000 Km
So this weekend im going to change out my solenoids in my transmission and i figured i would try the coolairvw temp sensor fix, but im not sure what wires are the temp sensor wires. Because of photobucket being a PITA the pictures that were posted are no longer viewable and i'm having difficulty finding a wiring diagram that clearly tells me what wire is what, does anyone have any suggestions.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
So I had an idea last night, I was reading up on the design and function of the 09A transmission. and in the document I found http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_232.pdf ) on page 42 from VW states
If the signal from sender G93 fails, (trans temp sensor) the hot engine shift program is no longer received, with the result that the gearbox performs gearshifts at higher pressures. The control unit utilises the signal from the coolant temperature sender up to a temperature of 70° C. It then utilises a fixed value of 110 °C. So if that is the case why don't you just cut the trans temp sensor wires before they go into the transmission and splice them into the engine temp sensor so you could fool the transmission computer into thinking the sensor is functioning. does any think this idea could work.​

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I just buy a new internal harness, cut the ATF sensor off, and splice it into the existing harness in the transmission and mount it in a more convenient place under one of the bolts on the valve body.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
I was thinking of doing that but the cost of the internal harness is huge up here.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
So I have ordered the harness cost me $282, but I will have everything to fix the temp sensor and solenoids. now if I could only get some pictures of the (CoolAirVW)repair so I have an idea what to expect that would be great. I'm going to tackle this on the weekend if the weather works out.

northern diesel

TDI
2006 mk4 TDI Jetta Wagon
If you have the sensor in hand then you know which wires to use.

I believe I advised you in email to just ignore it.
I know this is an old thread, but I am trying to source any info on whether one solenoid is responsible for three codes I am getting on an 09A..
I got ATF sensor intermittent, brake light switch, and triptonc (which could be because of a broken off magnet on the shifter)
I am happy to ignore the fluid temp sensor as advised by @CoolAirVw

00300 - Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor (G93)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
00526 - Brake Light Switch (F)
28-10 - Short to plus - Intermittent
01045 - Tiptronic Switch (F189)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
I am going to do a trransmission fluid flush this week, and look for metal.