Canadian suppliers

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4, 1.9L, BEW, 393000 Km
So I'm looking to change out my transmission solenoids I have 5 bottles of the fluid, now I'm looking for the parts, I've found a supplier in FL (cobra transmissions) and another in Cleveland (Transmaxx) But does anyone know of a supplier in Canada. The cost in the states for the parts is about $250 plus shipping plus exchange and maybe customs fees. so in total the parts would cost me about $400, if I can find a Canadian supplier that is cheaper but for the same quality that would be great. Also Im surprised that there is not a thread dedicated to suppliers of parts.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Have you contacted "Precision Tuning" in Vaughan or maybe "Roseland" in Nova Scotia?

Not saying they have what you want, but they may be able to procure it for you.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
I've heard of Roseland but not precision I'll check them out today. does anyone else have any suggestions.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
I tried both Roseland and Precision and they both don't carry the solenoids, I did find a place in Mississauga called King-O-Matic they have a very extensive catalogue including the JF506E transmission, but I'm not sure if they sell to the public or just to transmission shops. if all else fails I will have to buy it from the states and pony up the $400 + dollars.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
I did actually, he was saying that because he's not an actual shop that he would not be able to get the parts for me unfortunately, I guess the transmission parts suppliers only like to deal with trans shops or actual repair shops and not with the DIY'er, I'm going to try this King-O-Matic place, their web site says they don't sell to the public but will advise you where you can get their products so hopefully this will work out.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
So it took some digging but I was able to find a Canadian supplier, after talking to King-o-Matic they directed me to Carquest as well as Barton auto parts (NAPA). I gave both of them a called and of course if it doesn't showup in their computers their answer is No we don't carry them. I told them I spoke to your supplier and you do carry them. After a long wait and a phone call of Napa to King-o-Matic they agreed to sell me the solenoid kit although it was $449.00 + tax. but I can have the part tomorrow. I just wish our dollar was at par with the US dollar then I could get it cheaper.