04 jetta pd ... rattles buzzes

lee007

ok...
I know that vw is not known for its perfect fit, but i was wandering if anyone has had success with fixing rattles in the doors, and where the dash connects with windsheild. also I think the vent is rattling inside when I hit sharp road bumps on the highway. I have taken to the dealer and they have had the dash off but to no avail. the rattles still exist. what should I do.... the car is only 5 months old , I love the way it drives... but when I need a moment of quiet and turn the radio/ stereo off and the fans... I can't help but get agitated by the snap crackel pop!... that happens in the above areas...

thanx

Arthur

Veteran Member
TDI
04 jetta
It is a pickle, do doubt about it. A few buzzes here and there, but you get a cool car or boring cheap quality tin can feeling car with LESS buzzes and rattles.

I take the buzzes anyday of the week. And after 80,000 miles your tdi is coming into its prime. The 4 cyl gassers are starting to lose their oomph! no vvvttii or ivtec or abcde spec engine can match what I bought long term.

jettanorth

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS Spice Red
Check under the hood right in the middle of the fire wall at the top and you will find a plastic bracket that houses some wires etc. It is held to the fire wall with one bolt in the middle. Try putting something (foam) behind this bracket and it should get rid of that rattle that you hear from the middle of the windshield at the dash.

Perhaps one day VW will come up with a more permanent fix. It is a little annoying fixing new cars the way I fix rattles on my 16 yr old car.

Spencer

lee007

thanx for the info on the foam insert. i tryed it. and no more rattle... wow... i guess the bracket was causing the problem. when i looked at it, I could see a small mark on the paint behind a plastic 'nub' that was formed as part of the bracket.. i put some high density foam behind it (the kind of foam used in mouse pads...
again... thanx for the great fix.....

lee