Our GSW!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.

We picked up a fixed Golf TDI SportWagen yesterday. Our first blue car ever. I'll be transferring the BBS VZ wheels from the Passat that we'll be selling.

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
How are you liking you GSW? I have about 3k mi on mine now. Getting 43mpg. I don't know about your car, but my dash states I'm getting 51mpg but in all reality its 43mpg. (I reset my odometer at every fill and then divide out he gallons.)

I also learned not to keep the key fob in your pocket while hand washing the car, or every time you brush up against the drivers door handle it will be honking and locking/unlocking the car! (Just annoying as hell!)

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Loving it! We got 46 MPG on a recent trip with 75% highway miles, but some of that was stuck in traffic on RT 95 in Connecticut. The MFD on that tank said 50.

Ha! Yes, the same thing happened to me, so I just tossed it in the cup holder.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
The blue looks awesome! I purchased mine in July 2015 and the only "local" choices (i.e., within 300 miles) were red and white. I got red.

Do you get a lot of good use out of the extra space under the hatch? I had mine packed to the gills for a trip to Cider Days craft fair in Topeka, KS (probably 500 lb of gear), couldn't even see out the back. I could definitely "feel" it was loaded, too, when pulling out in traffic. I really had to put my foot in it between shifts.

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
How many miles you got on your GSW now? I just turned 4,000 on mine. No issues so far. Love the room when you fold the seats down!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
How many miles you got on your GSW now? I just turned 4,000 on mine. No issues so far. Love the room when you fold the seats down!
We got it with around 23K and we're now at just over 28K. Very happy, but I'll soon be talking to Jeff at Rocket Chip about a DSG tune. A bit over 50 MPG on our last trip with ~85% highway but also with Thanksgiving weekend traffic.

Miss_Athanatos

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SportWagen 6-speed manual; 2016 3500 Ram Tradesman 4X4 6.7L Cummins 6-Speed manual
I have close to 20K miles on mine now. Everything's stock on it, except that I'm testing out a locking billet cap from a local manufacturer.

I don't put a lot of miles on mine since I have two other vehicles I also drive, but the Sportwagen is by far the most fun I have ever had driving. I love the muted diesel clatter and the torque. There's nothing like it in its class.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Congrats on the wagon, Paul! That blue is a nice color.