question regarding TDI CUP edition in Canada

silverbeast

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 2 Dr GTI - Candy White
hello all,

i know, i know they never brought this 2010 tdi cup edition here in canada, but i was wondering if one could be brought over here and if so what are the appropriate steps taht have to be done.

would i have to pay duty on this?? also what other taxes would have to be paid on something like this?? what about if i were to find a PRIVATE deal instead of dealer?? how would that work?? i never actually bought a vehicle from USA so i wouldn't know.

i would LOVE to have one of these as they are pretty rare to begin with, let alone that they were NEVER brought here.

here's a link of one in LASER BLUE (my favorite color after candy white and tornado red):

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...treet-Edition&highlight=jetta+tdi+cup+edition

has anybody here brought a vehicle (preferably 09 or 10 jetta tdi) from the USA?? and if so i wouldn't mind if you gave some details/info as to what it has to be done in order to bring something like this without any hastles from the border for a smooth transition.

thx in advance.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Since it is just a jetta with a body kit i don't think it's hard to import the car into Canada, i know there are a couple people on here that have bought newer vw in the states since they were quite a bit cheaper then up here

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
Hey, it's really quite easy! Find the vehicle you want, ensure it is lien-free, have the title and bill of sale sent to your border crossing of choice 72 hours in advance of crossing, pay the GST at the border, have the emissions and certifications done, RIV inspection at Canadian Tire (it's a JOKE, and your car will NEVER be back there I hope) register it and plate it (pay the PST and the excise tax, which is theft, i.e. tax on a tax=rip-off), drive more and worry less. it's all right here: http://www.riv.ca/Home.aspx (PS if you have an American bank account it makes transferring large amounts of money easier, just saying)

outlaw_the

TDI
Tdi Cup edition
Well I seen one sell at a auction in Canada a while back and everything listed on it was in metric and sold with extra wheels and tires which must be something that U guys do Up north! From Mid-Missouri so its not a thing around here. It Had the thunderbunny bumper and tdi-cup edition on the side. But was listed with a 161 Kilometers which would have thought they would list it with 80k miles which sounds better. To be honest I had to drive over 900 miles to find mine 1800 miles round trip. Looked a lot of places to find one Working for a Used auto dealer gave me a lot of options but still ended up buying one from a person that was on a military base. Main thing they are very rare and even a lot people/dealers list Normal Tdi Jettas as a Cup edition and they are not. Quick way to tell the differences is if they have a cloth intereror rather than leather.