PIKES PEAK 2007- RallyVW wants to go

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Well, we have decided to attempt Pikes Peak this year again with a much faster car. I think the car is way under powered for the all out record for Diesel, but we want to go and improve our time for the record books.
I am working on updating the car and adding the additional saftey equipment needed to compete.
We will also be running a few fundraisers to try to get enough money for the trip. Fuel costs are huge.
If anyone has any ideas on helping us raise money, I am all ears. I know our TdiClub sponsors always donate items for raffles, but I think it will take more money this time. Thanks.
Here is the link to Pikes Peak.
http://www.rallyvw.com/schedule.html
Oliver
Crew Chief RallyVW

bam_bam_dip

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta TDI GL
My first time to assist you in your racing endeavors. I'll donate a 99.5 engine cover that I have lying around. I'll look for some other items as well. I'll post it up soon and have them paypal you the money. IM me the details.
Happy to contribute...

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hey Oliver, any more RallyVW swag for sale? I could use another golf shirt or 2. If you've still got some or plan on getting some made, let me know and I'm good for a couple to help support the Rally team!

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
Ed's TDI said:
Hey Oliver, any more RallyVW swag for sale? I could use another golf shirt or 2. If you've still got some or plan on getting some made, let me know and I'm good for a couple to help support the Rally team!
That would be cool - I'd be easily persuaded to do the same if they are (or would possibly be) available :)

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Make sure you get used to the altitude about a week before, or you'll have a migrane going up the hill... Colorado Springs is 6500' ASL, and every car there seems to be N/A... sooooo slooooow.

I used to work the computer fueling on Grand National engines in a couple of cars that went up in the early 90's. Totally different ballgame when knock is what ignites the fuel...

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
alphaseinor said:
Make sure you get used to the altitude about a week before, or you'll have a migraine going up the hill... Colorado Springs is 6500' ASL, and every car there seems to be N/A... sooooo slooooow..
yes, I have been up there a few times, and love a TDI at altitude...
never had headache troubles, but my car loves the hills. (see mod link for pictures)

I am trying to plan on attending this year, anyone know where it is best to watch from? (thinking somewhere near the summit to see the TDI making some passes)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
woofie2 said:
I am trying to plan on attending this year, anyone know where it is best to watch from? (thinking somewhere near the summit to see the TDI making some passes)
Rent a helicoptor maybe? :D

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
TdiRacing said:
Well, we have decided to attempt Pikes Peak this year again with a much faster car. I think the car is way under powered for the all out record for Diesel, but we want to go and improve our time for the record books.
I am working on updating the car and adding the additional saftey equipment needed to compete.
We will also be running a few fundraisers to try to get enough money for the trip. Fuel costs are huge.
If anyone has any ideas on helping us raise money, I am all ears. I know our TdiClub sponsors always donate items for raffles, but I think it will take more money this time. Thanks.
Here is the link to Pikes Peak.
http://www.rallyvw.com/schedule.html
Oliver
Crew Chief RallyVW
RallyVW experience = Rallycross events= $$$

As in $$$? Ride shotgun for a nominal fee

jthesby

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Silver TDI Golf
Ed's TDI said:
ditto... love me a black RallyVW t-shirt...

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Opened a Pikes Peak 2007 Paypal account to manage all the donations for this event.

Here is the account: RallyVWPikes07@gmail.com

I will check my email account as well as the above if anyone has any questions.

I will try to get some shwag made up. Anyone in for some RallyVW embroidered Under Armour?

edgewatertom

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5spd GLS; 2010 Jetta 6spd; 2003 Golf 2DR 5spd; 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8DuraMAX
I've got a funny feeling that he can ge his hands on some UA. Huh Oliver?

I'm in for a shirt or 2. Maybe more if they're "rally" sharp lookin'.:D

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
The problem is not the shirts. It takes a long time to embroider the stuff. My wife has refused to help, so I am on my own. Will get some made up soon.

edgewatertom

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5spd GLS; 2010 Jetta 6spd; 2003 Golf 2DR 5spd; 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8DuraMAX
I almost fell off my chair laffin'...for those that have visited Oliver, picture this.

There's Oliver, in the middle of the garage, -10 degrees out, the little heater "knockin' the chill off", with thimbles on all his fingers, spools of thread laying about...staring at a big box of shirts. mumble mumble, damn safety equipment, mumble mumble.

I might have to buy more shirts now for having such stupid thoughts.

erikb

I put this up. hopefully it will help. I made the link take them directly to paypal so they can make a donation. Easier, usually means a better chance people actually will. If you want the code I can give it to you.

http://dieselblog.net/?p=397

Last edited:

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
josephd said:
what kind of safety equipment do you install to protect againts falling off a mountain?
They just tell the driver that if he drives off the side of Pikes Peak:

"It's gonna smart some, so it's not a good idea". That is generally all

it takes if you have a good driver.:D

Bill:)

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
TdiRacing said:
The problem is not the shirts. It takes a long time to embroider the stuff. My wife has refused to help, so I am on my own. Will get some made up soon.
So, what's the embroidery s'posed to look like? Link to "the" logo or "a" logo - or what?

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
kharmin said:
So, what's the embroidery s'posed to look like? Link to "the" logo or "a" logo - or what?

The logo is the same as the above, which was taken from the Rally VW website. It's just the blue and white part.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
Thanks - gotta friend-of-a-friend who might be willing to help for a nominal fee... do you have/want patches or prefer logo embroidered directly onto clothing? :)

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
kharmin said:
Thanks - gotta friend-of-a-friend who might be willing to help for a nominal fee... do you have/want patches or prefer logo embroidered directly onto clothing? :)
I've previously purchased a golf shirt form Oliver and gang in support of their ongoing efforts. It was a good quality shirt and the embroidery was top notch stuff, not like some that starts to fray or come apart after a few washes. Hopefully they'll be able to stay with that same quality because if people buy stuff to help support them but the quality is bunk, then the support will fall off pretty quickly!