3 Bar Map Sensor Help

choramix

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk3 afn 1997
HELLO

my car is a seat ibiza tdi
engine afn

my problem is i want to run more turbo bost but my map sensor "g71" is inside the ecu and is a sensor of 250kpa i wouls like to change them to a 3 bar map sensor this is possibel??

i have a passat 2002 tdi 130 cv sensor is a 4 wires sensor , mine inside ecu is 3 wires my idea is to put the 130 map sensor in the admision and remove the my stock sensor of the ecu e soldering the pin 1 e pin 2 of 130 sensor, but and my pin 3 in my stock sensor inside the ecu is what????

need help

anyone tried this

thank you
greatings

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
How much more boost do you want to run , if you use a bleed valve about 3" from the ecu on the map line which you can adjust you will be able to increase boost pressure if you also have a boost controller piped in at or near the inlet manifold boost nipple which leads to the n75 valve and actuator.

choramix

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk3 afn 1997
i just have a fuel cut eliminator valve in with a tee in line to the sensor
i have to regulate the valve to do just 1,2 bar with my pp502 do overboost in 5 gear 1,5 bar and limp mode
i like to now if it is possibil to put the ecu reading 1,6 , 1,8 ???

not triking with diodes or bleedd valve

thank you very much

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Wind your fuel cut eliminator anti clock wise / make it longer / by half a turn at a time and then go for a drive and see if it makes any difference , if not mark where it was/is set and take it apart and lenthen the spring about 3 eighths of an inch..........then set it back to your mark you've made and go for a spin again.

If it has worked lock it down if not wind it out another half a turn and so on.....at this point if it does not limp at the boost pressure you want start to wind it in a little untill it does then wind it out a 1/4 turn and then lock it down.........job done.

Last edited:

choramix

Veteran Member
TDI
golf mk3 afn 1997
thank you very much

i have no chip e the map of turbo is stock now i arranje de valve and it run 1,2 + ou - and if i arranje the valve example to run a 1,4 , 1,5 limp mode
am i right??

and if i chip the ecu i can tune the valve to run 1,5 bar and no cut, and if i want more ?? im into limp mode or not?

i have a dawes device to install

thank for your help
and sory my bad english
im from portugal
greatings

thanks again

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Hi are you saying you have sorted it out!! i sort of got a 1/4 of what you have said..........so does this mean that you have no boost valve/controller and just the bleed at the map sensor if so yes put a dawes device in and then you may raise the boost to where you want it.