Rear Brakes 14 Sportwagen/gas

midnightdriver2

TDI
2013 Passat SE TDi
In addition to my '12 Passat TDI, I own a '14 Sportwagen S, 2.5L gas, automatic. Does anyone know the correct part # for the rear brake pads? Not sure if they are the same as the Sportwagen TDI or the same as a S sedan (or totally different part #)???

CleverUserName

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 OZ Cruze CTD & 2010 JSW 6MT & 2017 GMC Canyon CCLB ATX 2.8 Duramax
OEM pads are poo poo. Get quality metallic pads and you won’t ever have to replace them again.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The rear pads for the larger rotors (should be 272mm) is 5K0-698-451-A.

Normally the OEMs last a pretty long time, I have many customers with excess of 200k miles on the original rear pads. But some only get about 80 to 100k out of them. The 5 cyl/ automatic will generally be harder on them than other engine/trans combos.

Bosch is likely what is on there from the factory (they'll say Bosch clearly on them), but Textar, Ate, Pagid, Jurid, TRW, are all OEM brands. Plus, even the pad set from the dealer today may not be the same brand as what is on the car. They are all used interchangeably. Also know that Bosch's parts replacement line of pads will NOT be the same as the OEM Bosch ones.

A5 wagons normally get the larger rear brakes, like A5 GTIs and GLIs. The regular A5 sedan got smaller ones, not sure what the NCS cars got off the top of my head.

Last edited: