Oil Leak - Banjo fitting on feed line to turbo???

hopcarolina

TDI
2000 Jetta, 1990 Corrado TDI
Hello there,
I have a 2000 Jetta with a major oil leak. This is my daily driver for about 40-45 miles a day. Haven't noticed any dirt or grime or oil on the rear bumper, but today when my wife drove away for the store, there was about six different spots of oil on the drive. I called her at the store and there was only two spots at the store. When she came home I could see that the pan was soaked along with the hoses and the oil pan rail on the block. I cleaned up most of it and looked around. I cranked it up and there it was... the banjo fitting. The hard line from the oil filter housing to the rear of the engine to the top of the turbo. Looks like it could be a lot of fun twisting it through through all the lines and hoses! It's 11PM and I figure I will wait until tomorrow to call and see the availability of the hard line and copper washers.

I was curious if anyone else has had this problem? Does anyone have a parts car with a good feed line (will need my car back ASAP!)? Would there be any chance the washers could have just cracked or started leaking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have a Grateful Day!

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I would pop the bolt out and check it and the washers and the fitting on the pipe too. It might just need a new washer but you'll need to check it to see.

Dieselducky

Veteran Member
TDI
88 Jetta Diesel - 2000 Jetta TDI - 04 BMW M3 - 06 Kia Rio - F350 Superduty - 87 Buick GNX - Mobile Cranes
I had the copper washer fail...worth checking first before ya go ordering new line