vr6 F1 racing stage 1 or stage 2 clutch kit?

TDI
1999.5 ALH
My 99.5 jetta has .205 injectors, custom MR tuning chip, corrado g60 flywheel and vr6 clutch kit. I bought the car like this and these modification were done 2 owners and 80 000+ km ago. The clutch has started slipping in 4th and 5th gear if I floor it around peak torque, even though I can still chirp the tires shifting from 1st to 2nd at WOT. I have started looking into a new clutch kit.

A sachs vr6 oem clutch kit will cost me 217$ shipped at my door, while a F1 racing stage 1 clutch kit will run me 160$ shipped and a f1 racing stage 2 clutch kit at 170$.

The f1 stage 1 is rated at 289 ft lbs of tq while the stage 2 is rated at 345 lbs-ft.

I am very interested in the stage 2 clutch kit, has anyone used it on their tdi?
I have a 3" downpipe and 2.5" exhaust ready to go on aswell and I want a clutch that can handle it under all driving condition (I don't use the car on a track), for a while. I am also on a tight budget since I need to replace shocks, windshield, brakes, and much more...

Would you recomend using a good quality oem vr6 replacement clutch and flywheel for around 220$ or a f1 racing stage 1 (160$) or stage 2 (170$) for my setup and driving purposes?

thanks in advance!

otbBlaine

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf
There is nothing worse than having to go back in and replace a clutch that you thought would hold power, but didn't.

Do this right the first time, even if it takes $ away from other mods.