TDi remote start?

omahamike

TDI
2015 SEL
Personally, I had a Frost heater installed, and I have seen somewhere where there is a code you can buy on the OBD eleven gizmo that will change the computer to remember the heated seat setting after you turn the engine off and come back on at the previous setting when restarted, so that might be an option you might want. I live in Iowa, and it's colder than hell right now, and I was concerned about engine wear and glow plug failure more than my own freezing flesh! Take a hot cup of joe and a pair of gloves and drive a few miles! The heater warms up fast when the engine is under a load, so stop being a woosie or move to Florida or California!

Rider_02

TDI
2003 Bora TDI
I just had a viper 7857V 2 way installed in my car last fall for about $475 Canadian (2014 Jetta). They had to do some fancy work because vw doors won’t lock with the key in the ignition, and they needed to put a spare chipped key into a transponder box in the dash for the code or it won’t start. Kind of hokey, but it works fine, and I can let the car run 5 minutes before I leave for work so the oil is circulating a bit before taking off. I have a coolant and oil pan heater on my car, warms up fairly quickly driving in -40 after being plugged in a few hours before startup

Eleanor

The best remote starter for a TDI is made by Idata. It is especially designed and engineered for VW, you do not have to sacrifice a key, it will clone one of your keys, it comes with t harnesses so you don’t have to cut into the factory wires. It can be programmed to wait to start so your glow plugs warm up. Comes with a 2-way 1 mile range remote with led confirmation that the engine is running. Just installed one in my 2012 works fantastic, Idata part number is VW2410 if anyone is interested. Cost is $600. Cdn installed.