2005 Passat B5.5 Wagon TDI BHW - Project Car

KaseKKG

TDI
2005 B5.5 BHW Passat
Hey y'all!

I've got a 2005 Passat B5.5 TDI Wagon Tiptronic Automatic for sale.

Imgur Photo Album of Car

317k miles currently. New engine (rebuilt I believe, balance shaft delete done) and new trans (brand new) installed at 258k by GoWesty of San Luis Obispo. Have lots of paperwork for all work done by them. I purchased it with 287k on the clock. The transmission was rebuilt in Jan 2015 - torque converter failed while passing through Mt. Shasta. Rebuild has roughly 15k miles on it.

Issue with the car is oil in the coolant. Sounds like head gasket to me; I replaced the oil cooler and the same issue occurs. Starts and runs just fine if you ignore the fact it loves to spurt oil into the coolant. I'd love nothing more than to fix it myself however I have no place to work on it for such a job.

To top it off - California Registration is paid. I paid the tags and two days later this happened. It needs a smog in order to get stickers however the fees are paid already. (Lol, DMV refunds, water out of a rock anyone?)

Oil changed every 5-6k miles with Rotella T6 5W-40 and a Mann filter. Comes with spare filters and a fuel filter from an older Jetta (was going to remove the fuel return line T).

Known issues:

Crack in windshield
Was in a literal fender bender - passenger fender needs replacing for cosmetic reasons. Tie rod was replaced and alignment performed after accident.
Driver side rear passenger door intermittently decides to not open

Asking $1800

Based in Santa Barbara, CA

Last edited: