Wtb alh in eastern pa

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
3-26-17
Well im looking again for a jetta or maybe a golf. I found a nice 13xk mi one a month ago but the guy keeps giving me excuses and pushing off days to meet up. Im giving up on him so im looking again. It was black leather so i was kinda looking forward to that. So to help my search for something similar to that car i was given the run around on ill bump my price range up to $~4k

Looking for a 5spd alh in good shape in Pa area. Prefer a jetta but open to golfs. No beetles. Dont need anything fancy or pristine but it needs to be reliable for 170+ mile a day 6 day a week commute. Working Ac and cruise a must. Message me with what you got. Thanks
...Still looking. Willing to travel 2-3 hours. Tasteful mods are welcome, ie injectors, tunes, vnt 17s etc. Timing belt history and proof as well is needed...

Last edited:

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
I just posted my 2000 Golf, but it's an automatic. Not sure if you're interested, but I'm no too far from you.
Thanks for the response. I want a 5 speed. My problem is similar to yours. I have a 2000 jetta that i parked 3 years ago after the turbo blew and it needs a timing belt. Well when it was parked, the sunroof must have started leaking and now it has a bad mold issue and i dont have time between work and a new house. So its parked for now, and im just looking for a good running one now.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I have a silver Y2K 2-dr Golf. 230k miles, new SMF and clutch, new rear brakes, recent battery. Good tires. It will need a timing belt by 250k miles. $3500.

PMs are good. LMK.

Cheers,

PH

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
Yea i saw. Had a pretty good idea you were being sarcastic. That or you like hoarding your misery lol.

Seems the only thing around me in good looking shape that isnt astronomically priced is sold, auto, 04+ or beetles lol

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
Still looking. Willing to travel 2-3 hours. Tasteful mods are welcome, ie injectors, tunes, vnt 17s etc. Timing belt history and proof as well is needed...

sardo_67

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL 6spd
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=471831

right now I am rebuilding the front end, spindle is a bit noisy, alignment and ball joint is bad. I'd like 2500 and I can deliver or meet somewhere if you like. I am in CT and been DDing this for about 2 months now with no issues, stutters a little when cold starting.

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
Thanks, but id like an alh. I might start considering other options if i cant find anything relatively soon. Until then good luck with your sale.

TDI
2015 Porsche Cayenne diesel, 2005 Audi allroad 6spd, 2007 WCM ultralite (super 7)
i have a customer with an alh golf at my shop that would sell if the money was right. a 2001 or 2002 2dr manual window 5spd. vnt17 rc3 upgraded clutch suspension etc etc etc. one rusty fender and some bumper scratches in the back. 255k on the clock. starts on first crank no smoke. ive serviced the car for 3 or so years now. pm if curious.

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
Thanks for the help guys. Im going to look at one tomorrow. Ill let you know if i come home with it or not.:)

niklid05

TDI
00 jetta
Well i was given the run around so im looking again. Bumped my spending limit up to 4000 help find something decent.

tdi_jettah

TDI
2003 jetta
I'm thinking about posting mine and I'm in md. Only bad thing is it will need a clutch.

Parts replaced:
Timing belt with all pullies done 25k miles ago
Water pump
Glow plugs
Temperature coolant sensor
Intake, egr decarboned
Rotors,pads,calipers,e brake cable
New tires
Heater core was just replaced this past weekend

All work was done by tdi racing (Oliver)
Car is a blk on blk Jetta gls 5spd with 212k, clean title in hand and I have an 11mm injection pump that will go with it. It also has a rocket chip stage two on it. Possibly the reason the clutch is on it way out. It's currently my dd but I'm getting ready to purchase a 335d