2001 GTD project car

94x

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2002 CTD w/12 valve, 2003 GTI w/ALH
I built and drove a similar 2003 GTI/TDI 2 years ago and did not have a problem registering and inspecting in MA. When registering in MA have your insurance company enter "diesel" as fuel type on the RMV1 form. Register the car. Have the car inspected. Bring a copy of the RMV1, the inspector will need to manually enter fuel as "diesel". I have done this several times for my B4V and Eurovan conversions.

Gabriel

TDI
'01 ALH GTI swap
I did the exact same process in 2012. I even called the motorist assistance center before registering it to make sure it would fly..Got the first inspection no problem. 2nd year flagged, locked out sent to MAC. Had the car inspected at MAC, they submitted packet to get approval...Higher ups said no go. Hence the FL plates.

I would happily sell it local if I knew that it was 100% possible. It would have been gone already

Gabriel

TDI
'01 ALH GTI swap
I posted some pics over on the vwvortex thread, when I get to a computer I can add them here too.

Cruise and A/C both work.

therabbittree

Veteran Member
TDI
B4 passat, 2000 Golf, 2003 Allroad tdi
Didnt see new post over there. I will check now. Who' s tune are you using? Ill send you pm with may contacts info. Thanks,
Deo