RNS 510 DIsplay issue?

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Guys I recently saw here in the forums (forgive me for not having a link to it) where someone was displaying their "Channels" option on their RNS510 and it had the SIRIUS station icons next to each channel...mine doesn't do there. Is there an option somewhere that I can change to make that happen?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
You need the latest software update from VW to version 3690. The dealer should have the software and some of us received a service campaign letter 91i9/V9 to get it done.

If I remember you hold the setup button in for a few seconds and you can go thru the menus and see what software revision your radio is on.

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
You need the latest software update from VW to version 3690. The dealer should have the software and some of us received a service campaign letter 91i9/V9 to get it done.

If I remember you hold the setup button in for a few seconds and you can go thru the menus and see what software revision your radio is on.
What I currently have is as follows:
HW-- H07
SW-- 2625
MapVer-- 7515

So I take it I need to update to get the display that I originally asked about?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Yes, I'm surprised with version 2625 (which is what I started out as) you have not received a letter to get it updated.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I never received a letter. The dealer updated the head unit when they did the "seat rail" recall/TSB.

physicshogon

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Yes, I'm surprised with version 2625 (which is what I started out as) you have not received a letter to get it updated.
When I called in about it, they looked at their service record and told me that they already did the update...so someone's lying. As you can see, I still have version 2625 and the display is still the same as I mentioned in the original posting.

jaredaggie

TDI
2000 ALH, Black, 5M; 2013 Passat TDI 2.0 6MT
I'd rather do it myself than argue with an inept service guy whether they did or didn't update it. just me.

dachman1

TDI
2012 Passat SEL TDi
I'd rather do it myself than argue with an inept service guy whether they did or didn't update it. just me.
Hahaha... yeah, cuz they're all that stupid! Sheeesh:confused:
Clearly spoken from someone who hasn't gone through getting the update.