www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Future TDIFests

Future TDIFests Discussions about future TDIfests

Old April 16th, 2019, 17:42   #46
ranger pete

TDI(s): 2011 JSW 6MT

I am in Ct. and a tdi newbie. Just bought an '11 Sportwagen.

I am seeing more and more around the last few months. If anyone wants to do a New England GTG, let me know.

Would like to talk to some TDI vets.
ranger pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 01:20   #47
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotarykid View Post
I number of years back I talked to active vw/audi clubs in the co springs & denver area who were at the time more than willing to work alongside tdiclub members in trying to put together a national meet here. Now I haven't asked these same groups since, but I believe there is more than enough enthusiasm still here if the right people would come forward to help I have no doubt this is more than a dream....Now I have no doubt that it is going to take other people in the region beyond just me to make this a reality, if anyone on here is interested I am more than willing to do my part to make this work in this beautiful place...
If you decide to make this happen, I'll be more than willing to take one of my TDIs, or my Turbo IDI off blocks, put in a new timing belt, register it, insure it, and drive to a fest anywhere in Colorado.

Full disclosure; my daughter lives in Colorado, so Colorado would be a great excuse for me.

Photo: Rocky Mountain National Park, Forrest Canyon Lookout, at 9:23 PM at night, heading from Denver to Steamboat Springs on highway 34 - always breathtaking, day or night.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
vwxyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2019, 01:27   #48
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger pete View Post

I am seeing more and more around the last few months. If anyone wants to do a New England GTG, let me know.

Local get-togethers are fairly easy to organize, it only takes a couple of committed people to make that happen. A national TDI Fest is an entirely different animal. Good luck with a local GTG!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
vwxyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2019, 18:47   #49
Lamchop

Fuel Economy: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger pete View Post
YESSS let's do it man!! I live in NY and would be willing to drive to CT for a gtg. Last year I picked up a 15 golf that was a buy back and have been wanting to talk to some vets about performance products and diesel gate issues. I want to delete my emissions system for longetivity and performance reasons and wondering if anyone else has here. That VW warranty is tempting though. So it makes you think.
But I love my car and have always wanted one. So it would be nice to meet up with like minded people. Lets make this happen!
Lamchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2019, 16:33   #50
02TDI_sam

Fuel Economy: ???

I am a new member here and just bought my first vw TDi 3 weeks ago. I am highly interested in a get together. even if it is a local gig. I live here in North Carolina. we have Charlotte NC close by and we also have Morrow Mountain state park that has a very nice spot on the peak for cook out and parking. It also has some good views. start small and local and make it grow.
02TDI_sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2019, 19:23   #51
AndyBees
Veteran Member

I became a member in 2003. I wasn't very active during the first two or three years, but as time come and went I did get more involved. I retired in 2008 with the goal of installing a TDI engine in a Vanagon. During the following four years (mid-08 to mid-12) I completed my goal. It was a long rough time in my life. I'll not share the details here, but, we made it through. We (wife and I) attended the 2011, 12 and 13 fests..... enjoyed them immensely. As I recall, 14 was at the same place as 13 (Sunday River, Maine)... seems the St Louis Fest (15) fell thru due to regulations in that state relating to auctions. The 2016 fest was held at Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. (Is your name on the 2016 attendee list?) We had completed a 12k plus mile road trip in 31 days to Alaska, otherwise, we would have made it to Sturgeon Bay... same with 2014, 33 day road trip to Alaska (both in the TDI Vanagon). Prior to 2011, our family reunion had be held on Labor Day weekend which presented a problem for us...

Yes, I've noticed the down turn in member activity. I've noticed many of the old timers have not been on here in months, some much longer than a year. As you probably know, non-member lurkers cannot post. If those folks would step-up and join the club maybe the enthusiasm would return.

Yep, I went from driving about 40k miles per year (36k on my daily to and on the job) to less than a tank of fuel per month when I retired (my son has that 2000 Jetta which is pushing 372k miles). I now own my brother's 2003 which has the engine from his T-boned 2001. Point here is, at my age, I'll probably never own a TDI newer than an 03 but maybe an 04 with PD engine.

Yes, I'm rambling....

I think everyone I saw at the three fests we attended had a great time. We did contribute both thru registration, purchases and donations (guys, remember the shine?).

Oh, and BTW, the last time I looked, my Vanagon ALH TDI project (now in a Sticky), has had over 336,000 (337,819) hits since I started it, April, 2010. But, it does seem that the number of new conversions hitting the Conversion category is down.

This year, we have a road trip planned the week after Labor Day weekend. We're going with friends to the northeast and into Canada.... likely not driving anything VW/TDI. But, if there happens to be a TDI fest, we'll modify plans and attend..

Lastly, I do not see the TDI club tanking anytime soon ......

(notice my sig... welcome the new comers)

Last edited by AndyBees; June 17th, 2019 at 19:25. Reason: add a stat
AndyBees is offline   Reply With Quote