Dash differences

viator092

TDI
2015 Golf
Hey guys, lurking over here from the MkIV forum.

I see silver dashes and some that look like piano black. Very few of the black. Was this a particular option?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

NorthVan

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi: 2014 Touareg TDi
I Canada the Piano Black is only on the top model (Highline), I think it is the same in the USA and only available on the SEL

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Piano black I thought only comes on SELs with the black interior. The silver is much easier to drive with as there is practically no glare. The black, though I think it looks great, can be terrible in some sun angles.

Fastbird

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL, 2015 Sportwagen SEL
I'm not sure what package sparks the Black dash. My wife and I looked at a lot of Sportwagen's recently, and found that EVERY S model we looked at had the brushed, some SE models had brushed and some had black, and EVERY SEL model we saw had black. I figure it's some package on the car that sparks the black trim level.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
It may be the dual zone A/C.
It's the only thing about my Golf that I wish I could change was the fact the entire interior is BLACK. While I applaud VW for offering a non-black interior as a choice with every exterior colour, based on my recent search for a used TDI, it seems like nobody ever ordered one without black.