2017 Cruze Diesel

charley654

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW S DSG
I can confirm that the one I drove was the LT trim and it did have cruise control.
The sales man told me that LT is the standard with the diesel.
Add-on can add to the price tag. Sun roof, heated seats, heated steering? Navigation GPs, leather seats, parking assist, lane watch, and maybe even adaptive cruise control, Bose radio.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
GM has a selection of oil burners. Wonder if this will continue without Opel engineering?
Saw a GM answer somewhere = GM has world wide diesel expertise. Not simply Opel.
At least for the Colorado/Canyon, the diesel engine was originally designed and built in Taiwan. As far as I know, it is still coming out of there but GM has limited the total number of imported diesel engines for North America to keep production numbers low until the get a better picture on overall demand.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Glad to hear they come with cruise on regular models, have seen multiple articles stating otherwise.

That 2.8L seems to be doing well too. I've been in talks with someone who has a handful of cummins repowered projects on the go. Motor is in beta testing, 50 state legal, and *should* be available publicly late this year. Would love to see that in a full size car, the 335D is a monster, just wish it had the reliability of a cummins.

DanielFox118

TDI
RIP - 2002 Jetta GL
I unfortunately retired my Jetta in October due to an accident. Since then, I've picked up a 2017 Cruze with a 6 sp. and I have to say, it's pretty darn great. Best tank was almost 57 MPG, but even with plenty of in-town driving, I haven't really had a tank lower than 50.

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
I unfortunately retired my Jetta in October due to an accident. Since then, I've picked up a 2017 Cruze with a 6 sp. and I have to say, it's pretty darn great. Best tank was almost 57 MPG, but even with plenty of in-town driving, I haven't really had a tank lower than 50.
6 speed automatic or manual?

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Cruze Hatch TD

http://portlandtribune.com/wh/376900-262071-test-drive-2018-chevy-cruze-hatch-diesel

20 years ago I would not have predicted I could go to Chevrolet in 2017 and buy a diesel sedan, hatchback, SUV, van, midsize and fullsize pickup truck and if I step into VW there is not a single diesel.

Now, if I could buy a new 2007 Jetta TDI or 2006 Passat TDI I'd happily do so :D with no regrets of not having up to date infotainment and safety features.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You could not buy a 2007 Jetta TDI or a 2006 Passat TDI in 2007 or 2006, respectively.

I agree about the prediction, I would have never guessed that either.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
A Chevy Cruze without cruise control? I would have loved to have been there in that product development meeting.

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
A Chevy Cruze without cruise control? I would have loved to have been there in that product development meeting.

Where is this coming from? Every diesel Cruze I've seen listed has cruise control - even the ones discounted to under $20k.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
The diesel comes standard with cruise control.

theonearmedman

TDI
2017 Cruze tdi
I have a 2017 Cruzediesel and the mpg is mediocre for a diesel.

The 9 speed auto revs too high for a diesel and kills the mpgs. Highway is good but in town it is just ok. I only get about 650km average i know the tdi can do 900+kms