www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old April 23rd, 2011, 19:49   #1
lonniebear
Veteran Member

Default Installed osram 65w bulbs

I installed the off road 65w bulbs on my golf low beams. Not that much difference. The stock is osram 55w so it's only 10 more watts. On a side note, Germans must have small hands. Getting those bulbs out is not easy if you have average size hands.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 19:57   #2
mischievousMk6
Veteran Member

I've got the osram off-road bulbs too. Not too much brighter but about the best your going to get for Halogen bulbs. I think the halogens are pretty good on these cars. Aside from putting actual rally driving lights on the bumper, its about as good as it gets.

If you think those were tight, try replacing the city light wedges...

mischievousMk6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:58   #3
Joe_Meehan
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: mid-upper 40's city upper 50's - low 60's Highway

First I should note that watts is a measure of power consumed. It is not a measure of light or efficiency.

Generally the more efficient lamps are shorter lived. Lamp choice is a trade off.

In general most people will not notice a difference in light until that difference approaches 100% So if you increase the light output 50%, you likely will have a difficult time noticing the difference.

I believe that in most situations, improved beam design and clean clear lenses offer the best chance for improved visibility.

I have found good E-codes offer the best choice for me. Your mileage may vary. ☺
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:01   #4
alberg
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1.6 Tdi CR

You should have gone for the OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER
see their web site
Got them on my high beam, one word excellent
alberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:51   #5
PlaneCrazy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Gone...

I ran the Osram 65 w bulbs on my Passat. Not a huge improvement over stock. The Passat had projectors instead of reflectors. That also doesn't make much of a difference. I agree the stock halogens are acceptable though I find the high beams still throw too much light near the car. I promised myself however, no mods on this car...
'16 Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, '94 Marinoni Special/Campy Record
PlaneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote