Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Changes

Well, some changes have happened. Jeff, and Frank are no longer with us. I wish Frank well. Jeff has been a staple here for nearly 4 years. I understand his reasons for leaving and I wish him the best. He is a great tech and an asset to any organization. He is going to Kia in Stroudsburg from what I understand. For at least the time being, it will just be Emily and myself. I won't be able to come to the phone as much as before so please give Emily your cooperation and explain what's going on with your vehicle to her as I am unavailable until further notice. Thank you in advance for your understanding. Because of this, the GTG I was considering is postponed indefinitely. If anyone knows someone with Automotive technical experience, preferably on European cars, please send them my way.
We will be going on shop vacation from the 30th of June, returning July 10th.

Last edited:

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Well, some changes have happened. Jeff, and Frank are no longer with us. I wish Frank well. Jeff has been a staple here for nearly 4 years. I understand his reasons for leaving and I wish him the best. He is a great tech and an asset to any organization. He is going to Kia in Stroudsburg from what I understand. For at least the time being, it will just be Emily and myself. I won't be able to come to the phone as much as before so please give Emily your cooperation and explain what's going on with your vehicle to her as I am unavailable until further notice. Thank you in advance for your understanding. Because of this, the GTG I was considering is postponed indefinitely. If anyone knows someone with Automotive technical experience, preferably on European cars, please send them my way.
We will be going on shop vacation from the 30th of June, returning July 10th.
It would have been funnier if Jeff went to Halterman's. I guess a dealership has a better benefits package to offer, something more difficult for a small business to offer.

I'm sure Jeff learned a lot from you over the years, that he can transfer that knowledge to his new job

vwman2

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon Tdi, 2010 Golf TDI
Hey Mike it's Jamie, I noticed you said the meet was not going to happen but i just wanted to invite you to a meet/fundraiser im organizing for the Port Jervis Humane Society. If you would like to set up a table and bring some Cars that would be awesome. If you would like to just come and hang thats fine to!. Let me know and i will also try and bring you some flyers.
Thanks

Jamie

Last edited:

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Hey Mike it's Jamie, I noticed you said the meet was not going to happen but i just wanted to invite you to a meet/fundraiser im organizing for the Port Jervis Humane Society. If you would like to set up a table and bring some Cars that would be awesome. If you would like to just come and hang thats fine to!. Let me know and i will also try and bring you some flyers.
Thanks

Jamie
As you already know, we'll see you there Sunday!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
It would have been funnier if Jeff went to Halterman's. I guess a dealership has a better benefits package to offer, something more difficult for a small business to offer.

I'm sure Jeff learned a lot from you over the years, that he can transfer that knowledge to his new job
True. I understand he is no longer there though. At least that's what I heard. I still wish him the best.

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
Mike and I said goodbye yesterday -- a truly sad moment for me, because he has kept my 2002 Jetta TDI sedan and my wife's '05 Jetta TDI wagon in pristine condition for more than 10 years. He kept me entertained as well, while giving my wife a break from me.

Mike has been working on our cars (and tutoring me on some of the less complicated wrenching) since the days when he worked out of his home. He's done it all -- timing belts, wheel bearings, shocks & struts, alternators & serpentine belts, brakes, in-tank fuel pumps, power window switches, door latches, parking-brake cables, control arm bushings, intake cleaning, battery & tire replacement, everything. Once, when an earlier day job had him commuting all over the region, he even came to the house and replaced an alternator. He lent me tools. He answered my questions. When I didn't catch on, he answered them again.

The only thing he's never replaced on either car is the starter. But that's because, when it failed on the sedan, I couldn't get the car to him and he couldn't get to me, so he talked me through the replacement over the phone while I worked in my garage. He explained each step in a separate call, and kept me going even though I told him over and over that I couldn't do it. I did do it, and a few years later I did it on the other car, using my notes from his coaching.

After he established his shop in Montague, N.J. (mmautocycle.com), I spent many days there while he and his techs did their magic. I can't count the times I drove the 80-plus miles from my home, starting out in the early-morning darkness to get there by opening time. I can remember one trip home in a snowstorm that blew in late in the day -- I drove as many mile going sideways and backward that night as I did going forward.

My wife was deeply appreciative of Mike, too, and not just because he kept our cars in such great condition. Especially after I retired, she was grateful to have an occasional day off when I went to Mike's for what she called adult day care. Little did she know that he was also teaching me lyrics to popular songs that could never be published in the New York Times.

She and I are leaving New Jersey soon, for a retirement community in another state. I told Mike yesterday that maybe I'd drive the 500 or so miles from there to Montague, and stay in a motel while he worked on my car. We both chuckled at that, which is good, because no one wants to see a grown man cry.

Mike, you're a great mechanic, and a good man. Thanks for the thousands of good miles you gave us, the good years, the good times and the bad lyrics.

Charles

P.S.: The starter in the sedan is starting to sound unhappy ...

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Goodbye Chuck and Thanks

Chuck was an outstanding customer and will be missed. I greatly appreciated his business and friendship. It's unfortunate that he is moving so far away but I wish him and his lovely wife the best. I wish I had 100 more customers like him. The man is truly a gem.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Here we go again

On 12/8 I lost David as my technician due to personal issues on his part. I wish him the best in his future endeavors. I wish to welcome Robert Fletcher and Jonathan Crespo to the team. Robert has an extensive amount of import experience with various brands especially Honda. Jonathan while not as experienced has brought the enthusiasm of youth and a willingness to learn to us. Jocelyn is still with us but is on vacation until 1/8/18. If you're having trouble reaching us, please either e-mail us @mmautcyc1@gmail.com or keep calling/leave a message.

Thanks!

suchshutterfly

TDI
2000 VW Golf GLS TDI
Hi Mike! Happy New Year!

I need some steelies and snows. Also, my FrostHeater only gets me up to 130F (I have an OBDII bluetooth hookup and run Torque on an android phone while I drive) when it's been on for 3+ hours. There's tons of other stuff I'm interested in from brakes to future Malone tuning and others.

Shall I call or email?

Edit: So I paid Mike a visit today and he took such good care of me that I'm coming back in a week for more! Came in for an oil change and he ended up fixing a coolant leak and, while he was in there, replaced my thermostat. This is the first time I've been up to 190F as an operating temperature since I've owned the vehicle. MY TOES ARE SO WARM. Yay! Also, as has been previously reported, I could talk him to about the world of diesel for HOURS. He's a good person who genuinely cares about his customers.

Last edited:

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I wanted to take this opportunity.....

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all my long time TDI customers for their support without which I wouldn't be here. Also, I realize that some of you have traded in their Common Rails for another VW/Audi or perhaps for another vehicle brand. Please don't forget about us. As you may know, besides TDI's I also work on Hybrids. I am not only hybrid certified on Prius but now I am also certified on other hybrids as well including VW. I also have a long history with Toyota products having worked for them for over 25 years. Robert, one of my employees is a Honda Master Tech with nearly 20 years experience. We have even taken a foray into Light truck Diesels, most recently replacing the oil pan on a 2003 7.3 F350 which requires engine removal. As some have asked, the best way to get me is via e-mail @ mmautcyc1@gmail.com or 973-293-8588.

I do have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mmautocycle/?modal=composer
My website, www.mmautocycle.com was designed, built and is being maintained by long time TDI club member Cody of DC Design. His work is second to none BTW. Please visit us and leave feedback. Thank you all again.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Audi's and BMW's

currently have 2 Audi Gassers and 2 BMW's in the shop for various things. Hopefully spring will be here soon. I am sick of losing power!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Welcome to spring everyone!
I wanted to mention a few things. I only use top quality parts. On request, I will use less expensive parts but the warranty may not be as good. I still strongly suggest you use the quality items. For example, on my T-belt kits I ONLY use INA/Litens rollers, OEM hardware and I replace the cam and crank seals. I also use OEM G-13 coolant. Make sure the shop doing the job is using the same items as I am. Otherwise, there is no comparison.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Great weather we've been having lately. I will be doing my annual trek to Canada on 6/30 returning on 7/15, Open for business 7/16.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Recently Jonathan Crespo left us. I want to wish him the best in his future endeavors. I am also looking for a technician, preferably experienced to start as soon as we return on 7/16. Please e-mail me or call if interested.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
Recently Jonathan Crespo left us. I want to wish him the best in his future endeavors. I am also looking for a technician, preferably experienced to start as soon as we return on 7/16. Please e-mail me or call if interested.
Jonathan... he's the Honda tech, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Happy new year all. Lot's of changes this past year in personnel. I guess I must be some kind of hard ass by insisting on quality work and that the techs actually work and are on time. Current lineup is Robert, David who worked for me last year September to December and me. That's the way it's going to stay for a while I hope.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
August is here!

Summer's heading down into the last couple months. Make sure your vehicle is ready to go back to school or work.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Happy Holidays!

For those who frequent these pages, Happy Holidays! Our holiday schedule is as follows:
Closed 11/28-12/1/19 for Thanksgiving
Closed 12/24-12/25 for Christmas, opening on 12/26
Closed 12/31/19 and 1/1/20 for new years

Thank you for your business over the years. It's always been appreciated.