Parts In Canada?

WolfgangVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI - Manual
Hello. Just wondering if anyone can direct me to a good place to purchase genuine vw parts in Canada. thanks in advance!:p

01whttdi

Veteran Member
TDI
03 TDi Wagon, stock and loving it.... for now.
agreed with the above.
Roseland was super quick delivery, was great to deal with over the phone and email, responded immediately to any questions.... and best of all, he's got great pricing too!
Dont hesitate to order from him.

vanbcguy

Veteran Member
TDI
'93 Passat - AHU mTDI with GTB1756VK
I second Autopartsway.ca. The brand of every part is listed so you know exactly what you are getting.

There's a few things they have too that aren't necessarily listed for your vehicle - I needed a couple of heater hoses. They showed up fine with a direct VW part number search.

They have warehouses in a few places in Canada so stuff usually shows up super fast.

PduBerer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI GLS (RIP), 2002 Jetta TDI GLS, 2014 Golf Wagon TDI DSG Wolfsburg Edition, 2014 Touareg TDI Execline
It's cheap because 99% of the stuff they sell isn't OE quality.

yup and not to mention if you receive a damaged item... its a nightmare to return and get your money back (once got a rotor with a chunk missing out of it and wanted to return it and get another, took me over a month and a half)

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Roseland get my vote...and if you order a filter package, shipping is free. You can add a few light things, and still free. He knows our cars, and easy to deal with.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
10X on Brian at Roseland, but if by "Alberta" in your profile you mean "Edmonton, Alberta" :):) and you're looking for some place local Vinnie at Basco Automotive is very competitive on OEM parts as well. 780-433-5101

vili19

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf TDI
It's cheap because 99% of the stuff they sell isn't OE quality.

OE quality you will pay at least double in price, everything I bought from these guys is yet to fail.. I'm happy with them. I guess it boils down to how big is your wallet for a 10+ year old car.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
OE quality you will pay at least double in price, everything I bought from these guys is yet to fail.. I'm happy with them. I guess it boils down to how big is your wallet for a 10+ year old car.
Some stuff you can cheap out on, other stuff you shouldn't.. But that's your call to make and no one elses.

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
I would not waste my time with those clowns.

My friend ordered a part and the wrong part was delivered. He had to pay return shipping for their screw-up. How does that make sense?
That sucks but that's what happens with low price websites. Not just autopartsway but I've ordered pc parts from online sites, some parts arrived defective and I had to pay return shipping back.

Even in the case of wrong parts, I got the wrong accessory belt for our 04 MK4. They shipped me the single rib instead of the dual rib. I was in the GTA area at that time so I dropped it off at the return location.

But going through their non-existent customer representative is useless

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
That sucks but that's what happens with low price websites.
Personally, I only use original parts that I order through dealers. For my recently sold Honda, I ordered on-line from Majestic Honda for 30% off MSRP, and for my Porsche, I order from Sunset Porsche.

Spark plugs, and original brand oil/air/fuel/cabin filters, etc. I'll order from Pelican or AutoHausAZ.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I had to pay return shipping back.
After my friend's experience with APW, I now have an e-mail reply from AutoPartsway saying they will cover the return shipping if it is a screw-up on their part (wrong or defective part sent).

mrrhtuner

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2015 Touareg TDI
After my friend's experience with APW, I now have an e-mail reply from AutoPartsway saying they will cover the return shipping if it is a screw-up on their part (wrong or defective part sent).

That's good, I guess maybe they changed ****. For me it was really annoying because for the accessory drive belt, they have the same part number for 99.5-2005 Jetta TDI.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
That's good, I guess maybe they changed ****.
I played a quick one on them. After my friend's case, I posed as a first time buyer and asked what their return policy was and who pays for return shipping if they sent me the wrong or defective part.

dlb

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Reflex Silver Golf
Brian is great .... I picked up my order here in Ottawa - he has an arrangement with autocamping I think - perfect !!. Communication is always top notch ....