Malone tune for EA288 engine coming soon!

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf TDI SEL 6MT w/ lighting and driver assistance package
received the following email from Malone Tuning today - 1-2 weeks until the tune is ready!!!

Hi guys, get ready! We're currently testing out tunes on some 2015 TDIs...and we're tuning them through the OBD port!

I'll have more news for you in 1-2 weeks, just wanted to keep you in the loop that tuning is almost ready.

Another quick note, Mark Malone, JFettig, and BuzzKen will all be working at SOWO 2015! You can find them at the AARodriguez Corp. tent(s) in the show car field by the river.
More info here
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=437794

Thanks!
Andrew Rodriguez
Malone Tuning Dealer and owner of www.FixMyVW.com

forhumans

TDI
1998 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf TDI
I can't wait!

Are these tunes not normally done through the OBD report?

obababoy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,
That just means you can flash his tunes using flashzilla through the OBD port rather than adding a piggy back or doing anything in the engine bay. Pretty sure anyways.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
2015 MK7 Wagon Highline 6 speed MT
That just means you can flash his tunes using flashzilla through the OBD port rather than adding a piggy back or doing anything in the engine bay. Pretty sure anyways.
:rolleyes: Oh boy, my hands are itching, I already have the Flashzilla from my sold MK5 TDI and I am still breaking in the MK7. Can't wait for some feed back.

No More Buffalo

Veteran Member
TDI
Current: 2015 Golf SEL 6m Sold: 2012 Golf 2dr DSG
Semi-offtopic: Anyone know what the torque limit is on a Mk7 clutch?

I mean, in theory a Stage 1 tune shouldn't require any upgrades, but...

Last edited:

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI - Silver, '06 Golf TDI, '06 MB 320 CDI
They will not be applying the EA288 tune at SOWO 2015, I asked. I'd have driven up for it if they were applying then. I am def waiting for it though, car's broken in, 21k miles + now ... we're ready to go for tune.

Ruso Turisto

TDI
2015 MK7 Wagon Highline 6 speed MT
They will not be applying the EA288 tune at SOWO 2015, I asked. I'd have driven up for it if they were applying then. I am def waiting for it though, car's broken in, 21k miles + now ... we're ready to go for tune.
Andrew Rodriguez from original post put me on the waiting list for it, can't wait, once the break in is complete of course.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
right there with you. I'm at 23K and change - time to wake the car up!

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
right there with you. I'm at 23K and change - time to wake the car up!
And I thought I drive a lot ... I've had the car since beginning of September. Drove around 2K miles in the past 2 months... Nice break for a change.

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
And I thought I drive a lot ... I've had the car since beginning of September. Drove around 2K miles in the past 2 months... Nice break for a change.
I've had mine since thanksgiving - slowed down over the last month but will be ramping back up again soon.

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
I see you quit using Fuelly? Just wondering, why did you quit documenting? Too time consuming, or issues with it? Alternate solution, or just don't care?

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
didn't care because it wasn't accurate for me because I was running oversize winter tires. When I stop to get fuel, I am usually rushed, so it was inconvenient to take the time to do the entry as well.

I am about 80/20 highway/city. I drive like an *******, and regularly set the cruise at 78. My part of the state is very hilly, so my highway travels involve long uphill pulls. Now that summer tires are on and summer diesel is showing its face I average 41-43 for a tank. I know I could do much better by driving differently, but that's just not an option.

Last edited:

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally! Hopefully a dsg tune to come along soon!
I've spoken with my local shop several times regarding Malone tuning and their different options; they stated to me that (on the mk6 golf) they have not had any issues running chipped Malone cars w/out opting for the DSG tune. They have done multiple cars with DPF delete options etc, however most all their customers pass on the DSG tune. :shoulder shrug:

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
I can't wait!
you might want to .
I just received an e-mail from VW about 40k 2015 TDI powered VW's .in US . 5K in Canada. Dealers are supposed to flash ones in stock

a recall notice is NOT going out. They just plan on re-flashing when you bring car in for service.

It has to do with ash loading

VW is not calling it a re-call just an up-date

Last edited:

ottomatic

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golfwagen SE 6MT
Do you have a TSB#?
Its an ELSA campaign # 2309 TDI ECM Software Update
(available 05/05/15)
It will not let me copy & paste. However I can E-mail it .

It's only for the 2015

scratch the e-mail it won't let me.

Best thing would ask your dealer about it & have it done or your car checked & then get tune.
Personally I am making a LOCK BOX for my OBD port on my 2014.

Last edited:

Marsupial

TDI
'15 Golf TDI DSG S
Its an ELSA campaign # 2309 TDI ECM Software Update
(available 05/05/15)
It will not let me copy & paste. However I can E-mail it .

It's only for the 2015

scratch the e-mail it won't let me.

Best thing would ask your dealer about it & have it done or your car checked & then get tune.
Personally I am making a LOCK BOX for my OBD port on my 2014.
I brought my car in 2 days ago for them to look for a source of vibration noise and the service rep told me that an ECM update just came out. I can confirm that they did flash my car with the 2309 update. Can't find what it is for though so any info you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated. What is "ash loading?" I am curious...

Last edited:

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
Any updates on what the software update is for exactly? I just scheduled an appointment for this coming Saturday.

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
Good luck with the appt......
Can you share how they listed the update on the service write up?
thanks.

VW_TDi_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf-S TDi with DSG
Good luck with the appt......
Can you share how they listed the update on the service write up?
thanks.
The only thing listed on the service write up is: U2309-Service update 2309. I asked the service writer and he said its for emissions.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
yea ive been waiting patiently.. tired of going to car meets and people asking "what have you done to your car?". I just keep saying im waiting for malone's tune and an exhaust kit. German motorwerks in PA said they could tune it for me and design a custom exhaust but they would have to have the car for a few days. I want the EGR and DPF delete in my set up. CMON MALONE :D

Korab

Veteran Member
TDI
Mark's also busy prepping the turbo kits for the cr140's.
he should prioritize - i'm sure the stage one and two tune for the EA288 engine will move a lot faster than big turbo kits on a diesel.