Mk5 jetta 1.9t. Performance mods?

Davidgyhf1

TDI
Mk5 jetta
Hey fellow vdubbers.
I have a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta tdi 1.9t.
I am wondering what I can do to increase the power of it. I do have some stuff done to it but it isn’t quite fast enough for me.
So far... I have a Garett pd140 turbo in it. A straight pipe down pipe. Straight piped all the way back with a resonator in the middle. I have a Malone stage 2 tune on it. That’s everything I have engine performance wise.
So I was wondering is there anything I can do to make it faster that isn’t crazy expensive?

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
You want fast out of a diesel? Better have deep pockets my friend. Just doing what I did with my everyday driver I’m about 2500 for around 180hp. I don’t even want to get into what the cost is on my golf build....

81-1.6

TDI
06 Jetta TDI PD
stud the head, upgrade your cam, upgrade your injectors, upgrade your tune. These PD engines will run very strong when set up with the right hardware trust me....:cool:

Davidgyhf1

TDI
Mk5 jetta
Man I have bin busy. But my head gasket is blown on my car. Tearing it apart sometime this month so I was thinking to put some injectors in and cams and studs. Any suggestions on what to get? What injectors? Cams? Etc. thxs for the help guys.

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
PD150 head bolts - 038 103 384C

If you're on a budget, PD150 injectors will be a good upgrade. But buying a set of PD100 injectors and paying to have a decent set of nozzles installed(no, you can't do it yourself and it's not cheap) would be better.

For the cam, make sure to stick with something from a trusted vendor on this site. There's many threads out there that compare each cam. Also, order a kit that has all the bolts you'll need, most of the bolts are TTY.

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
PD150 head bolts - 038 103 384C

If you're on a budget, PD150 injectors will be a good upgrade. But buying a set of PD100 injectors and paying to have a decent set of nozzles installed(no, you can't do it yourself and it's not cheap) would be better.

For the cam, make sure to stick with something from a trusted vendor on this site. There's many threads out there that compare each cam. Also, order a kit that has all the bolts you'll need, most of the bolts are TTY.
Indeed, PD150 head bolts are good. For the cam, I would recommend Frank06' kit.

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
https://www.cascadegerman.com/?s=frank06&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1

You should give the guy a call, he knows a lot. I know that his cam kit seems to be expensive, but in my opinion it's the best (he has modified cut cam bearings to improve the oiling of the cam and a chrome plated camshaft). I have installed hit kit 125k miles ago on my car and it runs like new. His phone number is: 417-232-4634
Also, after cam replacement, per Frank, I have used only this oil: https://www.schaefferoil.com/full-synthetic-5w40.html

Last edited:

Davidgyhf1

TDI
Mk5 jetta
Ooo. The price is pretty expensive. But I will think about it. I’m doing a compression test to double check. So I will see if I have to tear apart the engine or not by the end of this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidgyhf1

TDI
Mk5 jetta
Yea I figured it’s not cheap. I’ve just put to much work into the car to give up lol. But now if the head gasket is blown I might as well buy some things and get a bit more power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk