Tdi intake upgrade questions

Ethan636

TDI
1998 jetta tdi
So I have a 98’ jetta that has the ahu engine and I ordered a pd130/pd150 intake manifold with the driver side inlet and an egr delete pipe, my question is should I expect any check engine lights or anything like that, also how do I go about deleting the n18 solenoid, or do I even have to
Any help would be great, thanks!

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I can't tell you exactly what will happen if you unplug the N18. I do know on the 4th gen, as soon as you unplug that solenoid, you'll get a CEL. If that happens, you'd want to put a 5k resistor or so across the 2 conductors that go to the solenoid so the ECU will think that the solenoid coil is still working.

If you elect to leave it in place, you'll want to plug the end of the vacuum port so that you don't lose all your vacuum when it activates. A short piece of vacuum hose and a plug in the end of it should work.

Will you get a CEL after deleting the EGR? Again, for the AHU engine, I don't know. Good luck!

PH

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
EGR is monitored, so yes if you disable it you will set a DTC.

You need to change the software, which in the case of the older cars, means replacing the PROM "chips" on the ECU board with ones that have a different program on them, as those ECUs are not reflashable.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
yes. remove bulb for CEL, done lol, nah you need a tune to rid yourself of it. you need to get creative to torque the intake down. if you have issues, shoot me a pm for my backyard tested and proved method, its hagard and ghetto as all get out but works like a charm for getting the right torque down. You also should gasket match the pd150 the ports.