best jack points / jack?

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Have any pictures of your final install? If I do this install, is it better to use the jack stands on pinch welds or these areas?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Stands on pinch welds, jack up on lift pad.

If you take the car to any shop you can ask them to use the lift pads rather than the pinch welds.

Grigg3

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta wagon, 15 Golf wagon
I didn’t see the video, but the cover panel is molded such that you can just pull it back with your hand, good place already there to put your fingers.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
May I ask you to describe this a bit more or point to a picture? I will be switching wheels soon and I haven't found a great way to jack the car and then rest it on jackstands.
Thanks,
I have NOT had any reason to lift my "new" car (2015! hah). But approaching 10,000 miles now, so changed the oil/filter.
A couple of comments... I used two floor jacks. Both have small cups for lift points. But the GSW has strength "blisters" in the lower control arms that have nice shape for the jack cups to snag. Boldly, I shook the car when I got it up off the ground and they were VERY stable. Then, I put 4x4 wood under the tires after I got it off the ground a little higher (calm down safety freaks!). Yes, that did make me feel safer getting clear under there! I see the salt. Undercarriage wash soon.

But IF you are just changing wheels or rotating, this will work fine. There is a good center lift point in the back (as I recall). A longer floor jack is useful for that, if you have one.
These will work for tire change as well. No need to damage the lower side of the rocker panels. Well, at least I won't.

Last edited: