New Filler Neck

NickyG751

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 6-spd
I, like some here, try to use the same "gas" station whenever I can because of reliability, or convenience, or fuel rewards schemes. Once I had my misfuel adapter installed, during my 10,000 mile service, I found that my usual fuel stop had replaced broken diesel nozzles with gasoline ones on multiple pumps. The next time I was going to be near the dealership I just made an appointment and had them take it out, explaining the problem of course. They did it, no problems, no charges, and I got to sit in a "brand new" 1979 Beetle Cabrio with 35 miles on it (still on the showroom floor), Audi A8 TDI with a price tag around $150,000, and an Audi R8 v10 in the process. My dealership is relatively awesome though, PM me if you live in CO.

I also experienced the foaming / multiple "stops" of diesel pumps with the spring around the base of the nozzle. I had mine removed because I plan on driving from CO across I70 to NY, VT, and the dreaded NJ during July and didn't want any problems while in a big line for fuel at a rest stop, or just in general. Maybe i'll polish up the yellow stickers just in case.

PressEnter[]

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta 6M
I also experienced the foaming / multiple "stops" of diesel pumps with the spring around the base of the nozzle. I had mine removed because I plan on driving from CO across I70 to NY, VT, and the dreaded NJ during July and didn't want any problems while in a big line for fuel at a rest stop, or just in general. Maybe i'll polish up the yellow stickers just in case.
Enjoy the trip! Sounds like you'll have to pass through my neck of the woods.

I got a nozzle adapter after I heard that some of the NY State Thruway rest stops still use the smaller nozzles for diesel :/

Scoutx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta (6MT) - 1000 Mile Club (retired)___ 2015 Jetta SEL (6MT)
I'm thinking someday I may just take my cap off....paint it green and add diesel in some high contrast color. Cheap, easy, one more visual indicator...... Particularly since I seem to have lost the yellow circle sticker that went around the filler neck.

rtking

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
Would someone please take a picture of a stock 2011 Jetta fuel filler neck without the misfuel adapter? I asked not to have mine put in, but now there's a plastic cup with a hole for the fuel nozzle in my fuel filler neck. VW dealer says that there's no misfuel adapter installed and that what I have was stock.

They may be right... but I could have sworn I didn't have that cup in there before... just the 3 fingers hanging down to hold the fuel nozzle, and that I could see the fuel in the filler neck foam and fill up as I topped it off.

Any photos would be much appreciated! Just need to make sure I'm not insane...

Last edited:

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
That's what mine looked like after they uninstalled it. I believe that's what it looked like before as well

sent from the outer reaches of my kingdom.....aka the toilet

jbright

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta DSG
I had the same question after I had the dealership remove my misfuel guard. The "cup" with the hole at the back looked different than the original neck. I wasn't sure if my memory was faulty or they had left something there so the new 'diesel only' cap would fit. I haven't had any problems with refueling since removal, however, so I'm happy.