Video: Insight vs. Golf TDI drag race

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
I love the part about the "diesel piece of crap" just before he gets his doors blown off!

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
It was posted a couple of years ago but it's still entertaining! :D

Imagine how embarassed that Prius driver would have been if he was up against a modded TDI! :eek:

Personally, I think someone needs to write in to "PINKS" and have them set up a TDI vs Hybrid race! Anyone here live nearby where they film that show interested in putting their car up against a Prius?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Well--in South Park didn't they crush them all?

"*Sniff* Ahh...." :D

DIESELprogrammer

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Silver/Gray
Ed's TDI said:
Imagine how embarassed that Prius driver would have been if he was up against a modded TDI! :eek:
It wouldn't take much to modify the hybrid to beat any modded TDI in such a race.

There is no way that even the most modded NA 1.9 TDI can keep up with a properly engineered electric propulsion system in a 0-60 or quarter mile race.

Here is a link to a local electric car company that down modded their electric car from 0 - 60 in 2.9 to 0 - 60 in 4.0 because it was too fast for their perceived market (note 1/4 mile in 12@120mph in the down modded version).

http://www.commutercars.com/

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
bah, another oranges & apples / tortoise & hare scenario....butt ugly too -- even makes the insight look good :D

BurpleTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
There's just something not all that impressive about a smack-talking Insight driver....

Dash in the Honda is pretty sweet, though... Looks like the one in my friend's 1987 Buick LeSabre......

Bill

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I've seen that one before in another thread. Notice how painfully SLOW the Insight is accelerating while the (I assume bone stock) TDI is blowing the Insight away. Watch the MPH display slowly increasing while the tach is showing the engine revving up around 5800 RPM!