Issues w/ .216s and Upsolute- Those who have it

STRANGETDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Audi A3 S-Line Premium Plus Quattro - APR Stage II
I will be installing my set of RedRotors .216 injectors in the near future in conjunction with my standard issue Upsolute chip. What issues do I need to deal with the installation, VAG-COM issues (IQ, slowdown/idle shudder, etc.)? I know the clutch issue. I may get the OMI if the smoke becomes excessive.

I guess my question is what do I need to do to get these running properly? I know every car is different, but just would like a little advice before I tackle it.

Also, please don't tell me to try another chip. I want to try to make it work with what I have right now, and that is Upsolute. Thanks.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Just run them for a week or two then see what issues you have smoke ex. If its smoke you can use vag-com you will probabaly need a clutch,you should be at 130 140hp good look

RedRotors

Vendor
TDI
Golk 2k1 TDI / Dodge RAM 94', 2500, 4x4, Cummins
I run with the Ups and the 216/203 and the smoke is not too bad. Under hard acceleration i got a puff of smoke and as soon as the boost is there, the smoke is almost gone.. At night i see a light haze.. With the IQ dialed at 4.8 and the boost is tuned at 20psi subs. The car is a 2k1 Golf w/ vr6/g60 clutch. I don't have any idle shudder..

Marc/

eetsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, galaxy blue
I ran that combo for a few weeks. Too much smoke for my taste. The power with the IQ @ 3 was awesome smoke was a tire fire. With IQ around 7 it was too bad but still more then I wanted.

I didn't have any drive ability issues.

First D

Veteran Member
I have this combo and the power is great...smoke is increased especially at low rpms (below 2000). Moderate smoke at high rpms (IQ at 5). If you are conscientious you can run with minimal smoke but sometimes I don't want to think...I am trying to figure a way to keep this setup also while reducing smoke. I dynoed this combo and got 127 hp and 230 lb-ft of torque.

I have no other issues, though...

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
The best way with out a custom chip would be the hammer mod but will lower the fuel across the board, where as the chip would drop and increase fuel where neaded,with these injectors if you moved the pump on as far as it will go then back chiped it 160+ can be relised

newguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6M White
I installed the 216/203's in my Jetta that had the stock Up chip and it was the "tire fire" as eesoot said. The power seemed dangerous to the engine to me... so I had Garrett change out mine to the 205 UP program. It still smokes though. The other thing is I was driving around seeing what kind of boost it builds, and if I let off the throttle for a few seconds and then floor it, i could get boost spikes that would be in the 25PSI range. I'm still debating on what chip to use in the car. I am interested in trying out the Rocketchip...