www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Non VW Group Diesels

Non VW Group Diesels This section is for discusion of Non VWGroup Diesels.

View Poll Results: What interests you about this thread?
Technical info on this car 1 50.00%
First person accounts of a new owner 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 6th, 2017, 21:50   #481
TomJD
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 43 worst - 49 avg - 59 best

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Just learned over the weekend no more 4 cyl Sprinters here. Man, I want to cover mine in bubble wrap now.
Bummer. Just another excuse for the Mercedes parts department to be difficult.

2000 VW Jetta TDI-3 pedals
TomJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:47   #482
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Right now, the only choices on MB USA's website is V6 and V6 + 4WD.

Really a shame, because the 4 cyl I think does an excellent job for most Sprinter needs as a light delivery or vocational vehicle. The tow rating is the same, the cargo capacity is actually more, it has a better transmission, costs less to purchase, uses less fuel, and looks to be a LOT easier to service should the need arise.

It is a fantastic base engine for the model, I think.
X2. And the Sprinter version is single turbo. The E250BT sedan and the GLK250BT SUV have bi-turbo, so what you said and more. I can zip around in the crack fueled, rocket tanked streets of LA with confidence.
ssamalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 18:12   #483
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default System Error Message

"Collision Prevention Assist Plus Inoperative" message came a few times today.
It's all over MBworld.org with the stuff flying to the extent of "with power loss" and "and then MB repurchased my car." In my case no power loss, the dealer said there was no error codes and updated my software. He said there were other cases of the message that had both error codes and power loss that were handled according to their error codes. Very harrowing experience. No truly reassuring explanation and will have to see. I would have traded in on the spot if there was a 2018BT to trade for. At least I felt the dealer was trying to inform me the best he could. No charge for service. Nothing on NHTSA about a safety problem. Meanwhile I have to live with a notch less confidence in my ride. They also have a theory that radar sources temporarily "jam" the feature. I hope that's all it is. First blip in 32k.miles.

Some of the MBworld posts said they turned off and restarted the car to stop the problem at least temporarily. One poster said he disabled the collision feature with the command menus program on the steering wheel rocker switch, which only lasts until the car is shut off. I hope I never have to try any of that. I like having the feature, at least so far. Mercedes was the first to offer radar/auto braking which is now on many makes. The technology is so new I guess there still are bumps ahead.

Last edited by ssamalin; November 17th, 2017 at 07:17.
ssamalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2017, 04:54   #484
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Stuff like that I would rather not have. Not that at its root is a good, solid purpose, but to some extent it adds so much complexity that it WILL require attention, and in the period up until then, the driver may have become so poor at actually driving that they become dependent on the technology.