PD150 injector upgrades

jack_fletcherr

TDI
PD150 Bora
I have a PD150 and wondering what is the best option
for upgrading the injectors without spending serious
money?

I've been told t4 nozzles will work but I've also been told that they wont.

any information will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jack

AnniBooster

TDI
1.6CR Skoda :( & ARL with 783s and GTB2260 :D
Hi Jack,
Any bigger injectors you fit will require map work to run correctly. The 150pd is regarded as one of the highest flowing injectors before having bigger nozzles fitted which will cost £££ unless you can find someone upgrading or selling up. In general though I'd budget between 400-600 quid on a set of used injectors running a bigger set of nozzles. Just remember bigger isn't always best if your turbo can't supply enough air.

jack_fletcherr

TDI
PD150 Bora
Hi Jack,
Any bigger injectors you fit will require map work to run correctly. The 150pd is regarded as one of the highest flowing injectors before having bigger nozzles fitted which will cost £££ unless you can find someone upgrading or selling up. In general though I'd budget between 400-600 quid on a set of used injectors running a bigger set of nozzles. Just remember bigger isn't always best if your turbo can't supply enough air.

i plan on getting it mapped soon,
what would you recommend me doing before i get it mapped?
ive an egr delete and a dummy cat

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
If you dont fit a bigger turbo, you dont need to get bigger nozzles, you can hit 230hp with yours

jack_fletcherr

TDI
PD150 Bora
If you dont fit a bigger turbo, you dont need to get bigger nozzles, you can hit 230hp with yours
would you say a map a decat and an egr delete would get it up to 230 then or what else would i be needing?

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
No, i mean that with the pd150 injectors you can hit 230hp, but your turbo cant (a 1749vb is ok for 190-200hp), so if you dont upgrade your turbo, you dont need to upgrade injectors.

If you never plain upgrading injectors, you can take something like gtb1756vk but if you might upgrade later fit something like gtb2260vk, vklr, gtd2060vz,....

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
I dyno'ed 200whp and 300 wtorque with a pd130 engine, gtb1756vk running 29psi. The fueling is pretty high and I wouldn't go beyond that, or would even stay slightly under that for reliability reason too if you do a lot of driving. It sure is a lot of fun to drive :)

I bought a set of injectors mounted with Firad +80% that I never got around to install. Was planning to go gtb2260vk but life took me to a slow gt1749vb and now considering to sell everything (car, injectors and gtb1756 plug and play manifold). This is a hard time and I miss the not-too-far-away old time :(

Since you want to know your options without investing serious money, injectors is not the best place to go for sure :)

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
Do you know what model injector that pd140 or pd150 came in? I have a US BRM pd100, and am looking for the right injector to purchase. I have been finding them for a lot cheaper refurbished in europe and ebay uk than I can in the states.

I am in need of injectors so I would like to improve on the weak stock units.

sam-

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mk3 tdi AFN
pd140 are mostly 2.0 16v, the pd150 came in ARL engine (Golf mk4, Seat leon 1M, Bora,...) but normally the pd130 injectors that came in ASZ engine are indentical.

RollingCoal11

TDI
2006 Jetta
so 4 ASZ injectors will be a significant improvement for my pd100? My goal is 200bhp,
nothing more. Once my commuting days are done, I will be transplanting into a jeep or other offroad vehicle.

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
PD130 is the same as PD150 and will flow enough for 200hp, I did 230hp at the crank.

Convince me to install my PD100/Firad nozzle and i'll have a set of pd130 OEM injectors for sale :)