Getting Ship-Shape for Fest?

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
What have you got to do car-wise to get ready for fest? I was thinking about this today and wondered if anyone else has a mountain of car repairs to do that you'd like to be done before rolling out?

I'll go first:

Install two new front tires and get aligned
Timing belt and all rollers (overdue by 4K miles)
Charge AC- figure out what is going on?
Replace rear brake proportioning valve that is leaking fluid like a sieve
Get to the bottom of code P00500
Remove cracked windshield to have rust media blasted & new dealer window installed.
Locate front GLX filler lenses and one foglight to replace broken ones
Polish headlight lenses again
Register & transfer old vanity plate from former B5.5 and get inspected (fingers crossed)
Figure out why trunk light no longer works.
Vacuum and clean car
Granted I can let some of this stuff slide, especially the last one if need be:D

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Ok, the laundry list.

- Found out today that the head pulled and was pushing boost back through the coolant causing the overflow to vent and compression to drop when hitting over 20psi :(. So will have to pull off the head and get it all fixed up, at same time I'll check the turbo, pipes and anything else under there.

If I have time after that, I want to install my new 2004 tail lights, W8 overhead console, summer rims (ok running all summer on my 15" winters was no fun), LED trunk light strip, and maybe my HID fogs..... If I have time for any of that after the engine work :eek:

MrVermin

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
Over the past 2 weeks I have been getting my car ready for the Fest and I'm still not done.

Installed SBC Stage 2 Daily clutch.
Changed trans fluid.
Installed new Evo Atlas Skidplate
Installed new trans speed sensor (do NOT forget to unplug that when you pull the trans..)
Installed new dampener on the serp belt tensioner & changed serp belt

I'm currently waiting on a McNally boost/egt gauge to install and I'm getting new tires and alignment early next week.

It's been a busy few weeks..

trog

TDI
2000 Jetta
OH Yeah!

Long list, but I'll keep it short:
Finish the engine rebuild, hopefully breaking it in on the way to Fest.
Lucky I don't have too far to drive

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
The list is long:

My car right now:

Going in:

Oh, and my house was robbed last week and the got my car amp that was just repaired. So I have to find a new amp and install it if I want audio.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
The list is long:

Oh, and my house was robbed last week and the got my car amp that was just repaired. So I have to find a new amp and install it if I want audio.
sorry to hear about the break-in, really does suck.

MrVermin

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Yesterday I used a free "Summer Inspection" coupon from the dealer to have it checked over. Only found a slight oil seep from valve cover gasket (I'll keep an eye on it then have Matt-98AHU look at it), and recommended new fuel filter and brake system flush (ditto Matt checking the brakes and already had the filter on order). Looks like nothing critical before I leave Sunday. Between the Chico mini GTG in Sep and the Bay Area GTG in Oct, everything should be taken care of.

loganbmx4gt

Veteran Member
TDI
97' Passat (1Z), 02' Golf
Wife slammed the door yesterday and I could tell by the sound the window jumped off track. Rolled window up and sure enough it did, so I have to get out there and get that situated.

Got the suspension and new tires and alignment done last month & oil change last week. Just need my window window fixed and car cleaned up.

deegingerkid

Beware the Ginger! Vendor
TDI
"Blurple" 2000 New Beetle 5M 2006 Jetta has been SOLD
What have you got to do car-wise to get ready for fest? I was thinking about this today and wondered if anyone else has a mountain of car repairs to do that you'd like to be done before rolling out?

I'll go first:

Install two new front tires and get aligned
Timing belt and all rollers (overdue by 4K miles)
Charge AC- figure out what is going on?
Replace rear brake proportioning valve that is leaking fluid like a sieve
Get to the bottom of code P00500
Remove cracked windshield to have rust media blasted & new dealer window installed.
Locate front GLX filler lenses and one foglight to replace broken ones
Polish headlight lenses again
Register & transfer old vanity plate from former B5.5 and get inspected (fingers crossed)
Figure out why trunk light no longer works.
Vacuum and clean car
Granted I can let some of this stuff slide, especially the last one if need be:D
Wow Dave...that's a ton of stuff. Good luck! Good thing the car isn't loaded up with tools. :eek:

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Started cleaning it yesterday and will start the ZAINO treatment this weekend.....and put 4 new Conti Extreme Contact DW tires on her today Almost ready to go!!

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Been wanting to detail for a while now, I doubt that Ill get to it though. I have all new suspension bushings, ball joints and tie rods to go in but thats not looking too good either. I keep getting called in to work weekends.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I'm finalizing all kinds of paperwork for Fest, signing stuff, paying bills, etc. The to-do list is getting shorter!

Then I have to pack the car, get all of the A/V stuff loaded, wash it maybe (although that's kind of useless since I'm making a 500 mile drive out to Michigan). Hopefully I can get it detailed once I get into town.

Then the big setup begins! Registration suite, tents set up in the parking lot, item cataloging for the raffle, various meetings with the hotel, etc.

ONE WEEK TO GO! :D

onlyinabeetle

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I have their line of products ( I think I had a groupon for it or something ) It works well, I have the spray detail, goes on clear aka no white residue, that stuff is great and easy to work with. It also had a liquid clay (not nearly as good as doing the real stuff) total interior care product (not so good, has to be perfectly even when applied or you can see lines) overall the stuff I have is decent and is off that line.