Volkswagen Passat Alltrack

Would this thing work in America?

• Sure, look at the Outback: Plastic cladding sells wagons!

Votes: 156 94.0%
  • No. Europe can keep it.

Votes: 10 6.0%

• Total voters

DieselOx

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Sedan 5sp 342,000mi
I just bought a new Outback; if they sold a Passat Wagon AWD Diesel, I would have bought one.

Checking out the Subaru Outback forums, it looks like a large percentage of new OB owners are former VW TDI enthusiasts. I have no idea how many, but I've seen a lot, and even get replies over there like " you would not believe how many new owners over here are refugees from the TDI Club." VW is seriously screwing the pooch with their model offerings over here. Good luck with that big market share plan, I'll be watching to see how it goes. Maybe I'll be back in 2018 or 20, when the OB starts getting old.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Where is Subaru's Diesel Outback in North America? Oh wait, there isn't one.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
That was another diesel that was supposed to show up about 5 years ago.

LRTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
RIP 16 GSW... Just the LR diesel now
I just bought a new Outback; if they sold a Passat Wagon AWD Diesel, I would have bought one.

Checking out the Subaru Outback forums, it looks like a large percentage of new OB owners are former VW TDI enthusiasts. I have no idea how many, but I've seen a lot, and even get replies over there like " you would not believe how many new owners over here are refugees from the TDI Club." VW is seriously screwing the pooch with their model offerings over here. Good luck with that big market share plan, I'll be watching to see how it goes. Maybe I'll be back in 2018 or 20, when the OB starts getting old.
My situation exactly. Gave up my VW tdi for an outback.

joem

TDI
Still waiting for a ALLTRACK TDI AWD
where's VW's AWD TDI wagon? The only reason to drive a VW is for the TDI. I've owned enough VW gassers to never do that again.
Where is it you say? The Diesels we want are in all corners of the world but the pristine USA. We are suffering and everyone else gets pleasure.:rolleyes:

joem

TDI

I did the same thing since my wife had a bad accident in 05 with the 02 Passat. I was going to get another one but my situation changed and needed an AWD. So I passed on the Passat and bought a subaru. Now I just bought our third in a row. That is three lost CASH sales VW missed from my household. Bring in the Alltrack and get me back. WOW that rhymes. Subaru screwed the pooch on the Diesel letdown and lost buyers to BMW and MB for those whom really need the long-range MPG.

joem

TDI
Mine is parked right next to my BlueSport.
Your able to get the Boxer Diesel over the border Eh?

If so I may ask a friends of family if I can register one at his ON or SK home.:D I would be the envy of the NE section of the USA. I wish VW,Subaru and Environmentalist would get their heads out of their RUMPS.:rolleyes:

Pat Dolan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Variant, 2015 Q7
Your able to get the Boxer Diesel over the border Eh?

If so I may ask a friends of family if I can register one at his ON or SK home.:D I would be the envy of the NE section of the USA. I wish VW,Subaru and Environmentalist would get their heads out of their RUMPS.:rolleyes:
Sadly, both are vapourware. I DO have a steel and aluminum Golf Country, though - legally here for a few years. I just might go over and get a T4 Caravelle TDI Syncro 5 spd to go with it ('98 legal now) some day.