hard starting ~ cranks forever when >60

Dadwagon

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
My driveway is sloped and when I park it so the
Rear wheels are higher, it starts right up, and there is way less air in fuel return line.

What’s that mean?

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
My driveway is sloped and when I park it so the
Rear wheels are higher, it starts right up, and there is way less air in fuel return line.

What’s that mean?
That means that I'm goin to recommend you check all your fuel lines and filter connections for leaks allowing air in as this seems likely to be the issue.
The fact that the angle of the vehicle making the fuel tank at, or above, the level of the filter and pump says there's a possibility of the pump not being to blame, of course that's just a possibility.
I would definitely try a check valve in the return line before you have further damage of the tandem pump.
Sent from my Armor_2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dadwagon

TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Thanks for the reply,
I did installl a check valve in the return line, doesn’t seem to help though, going to check all the fuel fittings and hope its not the pump.

Safe to say that if no leaks in fuel lines are found i have a faulty tandem pump?

I have no running problems, and don’t think the injector seals are leaking because i have no fuel mixing with oil.

Would a leaking injector seal definetely put oil in with gas?

Could it still possibly be a leaky injector seal?

Dizzy.618

TDI
2000 Golf
I replaced my fuel lines in the engine compartment with diesel approved fuel lines from my local diesel fuel injector pump repair service. $5.00. VW wanted $235.00 for the 2 hoses plus labor.

I just replaced the starter ordered off ebay from a place in Logan ?West Virginia.
Now it fires so quickly it can't wait to start.
Just bought a starter for a different car and it fires the same way.
Good luck , Dave

k_pt

Veteran Member
TDI
VW MKIV TDI
I would read the values first, no point on wasting money on a new ect, without measuring it first.