ATTN VW TECHS!! Looking for a tool!

penclnck

Greetings,

The dealer I work at, Harper's VW, is doing an engine swap on a 2005 Jetta with the TDI PD engine (BRM engine code). We are in need of tool T10100 so the timing belt can be installed on the new engine.

VW is unable to locate the needed tool, on back order. I've tried another source to try and locate said tool, no luck.

Can you please check your tool cabinet and see if you have this tool. We would like to barrow it for all of 10 minutes that is will be needed to get the belt on. We will pay for shipping both ways (overnight).

IM me or respond to this email if you have the tool in hand. We would like to get the car finished and the owner would love to have thier beloved TDI back as well.

Thank you.

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
An engine swap on a new Jetta? What happened--don't tell us it's another failed glow plug?

v8volvo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
pghPAtdi said:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
very witty!

Now where is Whitedog?
Kinda funny but actually I did not mean it as a joke--there's a long thread about a guy whose new Jetta TDI needed an engine transplant after being driven only 1000 miles. A glow plug was defective and broke off inside the cylinder, totally destroyed the piston, walls, valves, everything. It was a serious question, this is the second brand new Jetta getting a fresh motor we've seen on here in less than a month! :eek:

penclnck

Back story on what has happened and the need for the T10100.

Car had the oil change at 5000 miles. Several days later the owner was driving on the highway when the oil warning light came on. He pulls over to the shoulder and the engine just dies. 10 seconds from warning light to dead engine.

Car gets towed in, oil level found to be low, but not empty. Filled back up with oil, engine fires right up. I get called over to listen the engine, to which I say it sounds loud..... sounds just like any other TDI PD diesel, but louder. After a few minutes of the engine running, oil can be seen weeping from the cap of the oil filter housing, thus a slow constant leak.

Fastfoward several hours later... cyclinder head removed and damage can be seen to the #3 cyclinder wall, engine covered under warrenty.