2010 JSW Sarts Idles Dies

systematdi

TDI
AHU / ALH / BEW at times, CJAA
Hello I recently acquired a project car.
2010 JSW 91K

Car has
P2463 - Excessive soot accumulation
P13D4 - Cylinder 3 Internal Pressure Sensor - Short to Plus - Intermittent
P2453- Diesel Particle Filter Differential Sensor - Implausible Signal

I have logged HP fuel pressure and seen only a small differential in fuel pressure I am assuming LP fuel to be suppling the HP and its "good"

Fuel filter shows very little metal @ 60K since last filter estimated, I have not checked the pressure metering block for contamination.

Requested regens - 9
Completed - 0

Oil Ash Volume - 99ml
Soot Load g - 44.7g

The car will start and run for 1-3 sec and die, it feels like fuel starvation.
Anyone ?
Thanks,

systematdi

TDI
Hi Steve the implication is the filter is so clogged the car will no longer idle?
drop the Down pipe and see if it will idle? I need more verification

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I would take the DPF loose and see if it will at least idle. May be that the previous owner ignored the warning lights for so long the DPF just clogged completely shut. You could maybe take the high pressure EGR tube loose at the valve above the throttle body, near the oil filter, as that may open enough of the flow up to at least allow idle speed.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
I would take the DPF loose and see if it will at least idle. May be that the previous owner ignored the warning lights for so long the DPF just clogged completely shut. You could maybe take the high pressure EGR tube loose at the valve above the throttle body, near the oil filter, as that may open enough of the flow up to at least allow idle speed.
It does. Had a car with a similar issue. Fired right up with the EGR pipe uphooked. Turbo had failed and chucked the turbine wheel into the outlet, completely blocking it.

systematdi

TDI
Loosened high pressure egr line. car starts and idles, fine.

Time to disassemble the exhaust ~

systematdi

TDI
DPF removed
Tested flow with shop vac, I found nearly 0% air flow though the unit, thin coating of black oily film on dpf inlet not at outlet.

Also discovered the turbo compleately failed, horrible axiel play on the shaft.

This car failed before diesel gate. It has never been updated ect. My inclination is to CR170 the car and replace the DP with a Catted unit. My concern is because it has never been updated the title is flagged non complete. I would hate to put a new c140 turbine and pay to have the DPF cleaned only to mod the car later.