Stupid dpf

speckmc

TDI
2012 Jetta 6mt
Threw a p002 code this evening, what’s my best options for this?? Clean it? Or do dpf delete and reflash??

What’s my cheapest option lol.... this thing is starting to piss me off

Not going into limp mode or anything.... can’t figure out how to attach the screenshot from my phone... but diesel particulate filter efficiency below threshold bank1

If it ain’t rainin it’s damn pourin

Last edited:

speckmc

TDI
2012 Jetta 6mt
Side note: 103k miles on it.....

Vw recently informed me that the collision shop put an aftermarket intake box on it after i hit a deer, and that it might lead to premature filling of the dpf.... so I’m wondering since the collision shop put a lifetime warranty on the stuff they did, if I can make them pay for the fix.... or if it’s gonna be too hard to prove that it’s their doing

w123houston

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI 6MT
damn thats some bad luck. seems like vw is denying any post emissions fix warranty work because of the non approved air intake. dpf delete plus associated hardware is going to cost around $1.5k if you DIY.

DieselOG

TDI
11' 335d Msport-----R.I.P. 12' Jetta TDI Stage 2
Its been a long time since I checked up on this forum but I just stumbled across this. I would definitely advise to just delete the dpf if it was something you were already considering, its a night and day difference with a good tune. But if thats not the case I have a dpf with only 25k on it. Its been sitting in a covered trashcan under my deck for 5 years though... I have no use for it, pretty sure its still in good shape its been covered at least.

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
Did you get the emissions modification done? The warranty VW gives you after covers just about everything in the engine.

DieselOG

TDI
11' 335d Msport-----R.I.P. 12' Jetta TDI Stage 2
What if you put a oem airbox on it then took it in to try to get it covered under warranty? Maybe to a different dealer. If you wanted to try it I would let my dpf go for free if you covered shipping

Last edited:

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
There is a Rawtek DPF delete in the classifieds now. That plus a Malone .5 tune and say good bye to the DPF. Since we have a 2011 I have already bought a Rawtek DPF delete.

notabiker

TDI
2012 jetta tdi 6m
How is an airbox going to cause the dpf to fail prematurely? Bad air filter letting a bunch of sand through that's lodging in the dpf??

I wonder if the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would have something to say about it or not.

speckmc

TDI
2012 Jetta 6mt
How is an airbox going to cause the dpf to fail prematurely? Bad air filter letting a bunch of sand through that's lodging in the dpf??

I wonder if the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act would have something to say about it or not.

no idea..... that's what VW dealer service shop told me......, I got a dpf/egr delete setup off another member, and ordered a stage2 tune w/ flashzilla3 and catback from rawtek lol

problem will be solved soon enough

Last edited:

speckmc

TDI
2012 Jetta 6mt
id likely have better luck going after the collision shop that used the NON-OEM intake components, saying that they caused a malfunction by using the NON-OEM parts...

speckmc

TDI
2012 Jetta 6mt
well, problem solved.... dpf/egr delete done, waiting on the rawtek cutback to get here, currently dumping under the middle of the car for a few days... malone stage2 reflash... its definitely more fun, but ive only got on it a couple times due to how bloody loud it is dumping right underneath the middle of the car..... thinking about tossing on a devils own water/meth kit and adding in 50/50 water/meth injection....

and also now considering an upgrade to dark side S3 FMIC and hard pipes...... and then a turbo upgrade.... eventually..

dammit, I fix a car and get sucked back into the more power mode....

but hey CELs are gone, and all seems well again

systematdi

TDI
AHU / ALH / BEW at times, CJAA

I question if the aftermarket filter OILED the MAF causing excessive fueling, loading the DPF slightly educated guess.

speckmc

TDI
2012 Jetta 6mt
the filter wasn't oiled, it was just not VW genuine parts... but I found a hole in the bottom of the air filter box allowing it to bypass the filter