You know you're obsessed when....

jdonsbach

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS TDI, silver/black
You know you\'re obscessed when....

You change lanes to get in front of semis so they can see your TDIClub "Yes, it's a diesel" license plate frame.

Not only do you look at arse end of every VW for a TDI badge, but now you've started looking at every Chevy, Ford and Dodge pickup you see to see if it is a Duramax/PowerStroke/Cummins !

tditone

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-dr, Reflex Silver

... you take photos of your TDI from your apartment window...

(I call this one... "Home From Work"
)

-Tone

Guppy

TDI
ibiza 03 Platinum

03GolfTDI said:
6. I love the looks you get when you pick up the green
hose at the fuel pump.
Be careful if you ever come to the UK, green are unleaded and black are diesel over here

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta

...you like the smell of Diesel exahaust so much that you constantly have a black ring around your mouth from taking bong hits off the tail pipe...

-Jack

lumberjackbob

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Getta

...you smell your exhaust because it reminds you of working over a deep fryer. Non-Bio TDI'ers excluded from this one.

rwolff

Veteran Member
TDI
None yet

(North American readers only)
You see a sign that says "Polo Diesel", pull a U-turn across 4 lanes of traffic, and are disappointed to find out it's a clothing shop.

eisenkrote

Veteran Member

mikey_sa said:
EmeraldTDI said:
2. Your kids can now spot a TDI a mile away ("hey daddy, there's a TDI")
- BWA HA HA HA HA HA
- SO TRUEEEE !!!

-Michael
Yup! So, so true. Last night my son told me, in re. his toy trucks, planes, LEGO robots, etc. etc.: "They all have Diesel engines."

The little German percolator makes another convert.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars

...You cheered the day you became a "veteran" member of the TDIClub.

...You check TDIClub member numbers and are impressed by low ones. You think, "real" diesel people.

...You put notes on TDIs that park in your neighborhood saying "Hi from Jetter and Sprinta from the TDIClub."

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!

you could pull in to the driveway at night, feel good, and simply take the car out for a drive... of 100 miles.
Oh Thank God someone else does this too.

Luv My 02 TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta MK5(2010) and MK6(2015)

..when you carry around TDI Club.com Business Cards at work just waiting for the opportunity to hand them out or place them on a parked TDI.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!

You know when you've gone to work and by memory have recited at least 50 of these "You know you're obsessed" lines by memory laughing at yourself while everyone else just gets more and more irritated.

rotarykid

Top Post Dawg
Piedmont of N.C. & the plains of Colorado
TDI
1997 Passat TDI White,99.5 Blue Jetta TDI

Go on Vacation with you laptop so you can check in on your favorite TDI club pages everynight from your hotel .
Girlfrind didn't think that this was funny on our trip this summer .

dcoale

TDI
2013 Passat SE, 2009 JSW

Your six year old daughter spots other VWs from her booster seat in the back and tells you if they are running gas or diesel.

jasonlava

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle GLS TDI, 2003, White

You get in another car (gas), turn the key and wait for a glow plug light

tditone

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL 4-dr, Reflex Silver

Spamjohnson said:
You see another TDI in a store parking lot, you park next to it, even if there is a space closer to the door.

Sam
Not only that, but you have a sort of 6th sense about it - a "TDI Radar" if you will.
This happened to me this morning - I was in a parking lot, and heading to the usual section I park at when all of a sudden, for some unknown reason, I swerved down to a different secton at the last moment... only to find a Silver 4-door Golf TDI... with an open spot next to it... ...for my Silver 4-door Golf TDI
Coincidence..? ...or something more?

-Tone

Viesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL TDI

When you get exhausted with dry eyes from reading TDIClub forums and you go out to the garage at 11:30 at night and crank up you TDI and just stand there listening to the clatter.....

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver

You watch worlds scariest police chases, and wonder, Hey, if it was a TDI, would they chase it from LA to Canada?

Sam

LagoonBlueTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6sp

You talk about your TDI to the stranger in front of you while waiting to pass through airport security.

You wonder why VW isn't taking notes from this thread for an advertising campaign.

eisenkrote

Veteran Member

dcoale said:
Your six year old daughter spots other VWs from her booster seat in the back and tells you if they are running gas or diesel.
Does she have an older sister? Say, thirty years older??

Never mind...

Whitecloud1

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Mk4 w/ 250K+ . 2013 Passat SEL 45K+

You drag your wife(or significant other) down to read this thread, at first she snickers.....until she realizes everyone out here is just as....NUTS?!!!!!

eisenkrote

Veteran Member

Spamjohnson said:
You watch worlds scariest police chases, and wonder, Hey, if it was a TDI, would they chase it from LA to Canada?

Sam
Of course, if this is truly LA traffic we're talking about, the chase might end in, say, Bakersfield. Even a TDI will burn copious amounts of fuel sitting in the world's largest traffic jam...

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver

When I hear them say 3 hour car chase, I assume they are moving, Still a TDI at idle is good for at least 15 hours if not more.

I figured LA had a "chase only" lane next to the HOV's.

Sam

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora

Well, I knew I was obsessed, but now it is apparent to everyone. I blah blah at work about the wonders of diesel, and the great idea of using biodiesel (though I am unable to make/get any yet).

Well, it finally happened the other day. Driving down the road...see a bright red Ferrari. Everyone in the car is like "ooh, I wonder what the top speed is on that" or "I wonder what the 1/4 mile would be" or "I wonder what the 0-60 is". Well, among the discussion, here I am just staring at this red rocket and blurt out "I wonder what the fuel economy is on something like that." Don't get me wrong...I like fast cars, but thought it was funny that this is the first thing that came to mind.