stock dynos before and after dieselgate "fix" (increase!!)

krebsy75

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Sportwagen DSG; 2014 Golf 6MT; 2014 Sportwagen DSG; 2015 Golf SEL DSG
As I understand it, the phase 1 fix will reduce the life of various emission components. The phase 2 fix is supposed to address this by replacing those items. The goal, from an engineering perspective, is for the emission system to last 162K miles.

If you plan on nixing the phase 2 fix, you should probably (in the short term) revert phase 1 as well.

Can you skip part II?
I also have a new 2015 and thought it was pretty clear when buying the car I was also agreeing to bring it back for part II of the fix, and I presume receive a new emissions sticker at that point.
Not sure what leverage VW or anyone has to require it, perhaps cancel vehicle registration with the state?

My plan is wait for part II, then avoid the dealer thereafter. In the meantime if any warranty issues with car crossing fingers they present soon and can be handled before part II of fix.

Grigg

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
All of the larger tuners, kerma us etc, have been port flashing these without problem since the phase 1 fix, had to bench flash a few at first but everything seems smooth now. Removing opening and bench flashing ECU prices will vary depending on who/where it's done. If you're worried about your warranty, it'd be best to leave the car alone.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
All of the larger tuners, kerma us etc, have been port flashing these without problem since the phase 1 fix, had to bench flash a few at first but everything seems smooth now. Removing opening and bench flashing ECU prices will vary depending on who/where it's done. If you're worried about your warranty, it'd be best to leave the car alone.

^^^^^^^^^^

mattbevans

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE, 2015 Audi Q7 Premium Plus
for your viewing pleasure.
Same dyno, same car, obviously different days.
It seems to have GAINED power and torque after the dieselgate reflash!!!

before dieselgate update:
139 hp, 258 ft-lb

After dieselgate reflash:
146 hp, 271 ft-lb

net approx gain:
+7hp, +13ft-lb

these are NOT tuned files, 100% stock to stock comparo. everything about the car is 100% stock.
4500 ft altitude and SAE correction, sea level curve will be a slightly different shape.

Discuss.

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but which vehicle was this for and do you see the same things with other TDIs?