Jeep Liberty CRD vanity plate ideas

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
I've been thinking about what I'd like to have as a vanity license plate on my Jeep Libery CRD after it arrives. NH allows 7 digits on a plate.

Here's what I've got so far:

DZLJEEP
JEEPDZL
DSLJEEP
JEEPDSL

Anybody else have any ideas for vanity plates that would be cool
on a Liberty CRD?

~ n1das

sodapop6620

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
How about
DIESEL
DEZLJP
D2JEEP
BDJEEP
BIOJEEP
CRDJEEP
GOTDSL
GOTDZL
GOTDEZL
or
35MPG or what ever the mpg is for the CRD

I hope this helps you out

eli

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Cruze stickshift 2019 Terrain
lbrtdzl
dzlibrt
dzlbrty

David are you going to trade in your V-Dubya for the jeep
or will you have two diesel vehicles?

n1das

TDI
Eli,

Don't worry, I'm keeping my TDI. The CRD will be my second DIESEL vehicle. No more gassers for me. I was trying to think up some good vanity plate possibilities for the CRD. So far, I like DZLJEEP and DSLJEEP the best.

I'm selling a 1989 Toyota XtraCab SR5 V6 pickup truck. 3.0L V6 gasser, auto w/overdrive, air (still works!), dual-range 4WD, loaded, and has a bedliner and cap on it. It's as fully loaded as you could load a 1989 Yota truck. The truck has been maintained and is in very good shape for being 15 years old and has average miles on it for it's age (175k miles). Mechanically it's still very solid and runs good. The truck was my parent's truck and spent its life in Virginia, so there's very little rust on it (read: Driven in the South). If it lived up here, it would have completely dissolved by now from the road salt in the winter. I also used may parent's air compressor to spray a couple of gallons of used engine oil from my TDI in the fender wells, doors, under the bed, etc. to do some free rustproofing on it.

It recently became mine to use as a winter beater in the snowstorms to protect my TDI and to haul stuff too big for the TDI. It's nice to have a 4WD utility vehicle in addition to the TDI. My plans were to keep it until 2007 when Toyota offers a Diesel version of the Tundra truck. My parents down in VA replaced the truck with a 2004 Toyota Tundra gasser which they love. I still haven't been able to turn them on to DIESEL yet but I'm working on it.

I love the '89 truck, but I really wish it were DIESEL powered. I hate fueling it up because it's a gasser. I also hate working on it because it's a gasser. I violated the cardinal rule that states once you convert to DIESEL you don't go back to GASOLINE.

I recently learned that the 07 Tundra Diesel will be a full-size pickup truck and a dually configuration only. That's way too much truck for me and it will probably be priced around $40k. It looks like Toyota is gearing up to compete directly against the Dodge Ram w/Cummins TD, Fort SuperDuty w/Powerstroke, and Chevy w/Duramax. I also learned that I need 4WD capability a lot more than I need to haul stuff in a truck. The fact that the '89 Yota is a GAS guzzler is also driving me out of the truck. I keep wishing it were DIESEL powered!

I settled on the Jeep Liberty CRD and put down a deposit on one at 1400Motors in Nashua NH. They ordered it back in December. I'm now in the hurry up and wait mode waiting for it to be built. The SOLD status on it bumps it up in priority. I probably won't get it until around the beginning of April.

Email or PM me if interested in the truck or if you know someone who is interested.

Diesel On!

~ n1das

n1das

TDI
How about
DIESEL
DEZLJP
D2JEEP
BDJEEP
BIOJEEP
CRDJEEP
GOTDSL
GOTDZL
GOTDEZL
or
35MPG or what ever the mpg is for the CRD

I hope this helps you out
It does. Thanks.

Here's a few more:
JDIESEL
JPDIESL
DIESLJP
JEEPCRD

~ n1das

eli

Veteran Member
TDI
hey there David/n1das. ok, two diesel vehicles are better than one.
cool. congratulations! if you want to send me a text advertisement for your yota truck i will put it on the "cartalk" and "market" aliases here at work. probably 1000 people could see the ad that way. if you or anyone wants to email me directly please use eli@employees.org address instead of private messages here, if that's convenient for you.

as for vanity plates, i don't like "redundant" ones. since your jeep will obviously (?) be a diesel via the jeep badges, i think you should select a vanity plate that is not redundant... but if the factory tags do not indicate diesel, ok, my opinion would be for a plate that had the words jeep/diesel combined somehow. are you considering the NH "moose" license plate at all? other vanity plate ideas: OILYJP, OILBRTY, LBRTOIL .

used engine oil is a carcinogen. putting into wheelwells as rustproofing/whatever goes against my greenie tendencies. please consider not doing that sort of thing any more?! "i'm just sayin".

please tell me about the options on your jeep - i'm not so familiar with possible options. in particular, is it manual or automatic? color? and obviously it's 4WD, right? are the jeep liberties true 4WD or are they "AWD"? i'll be very interested to read all the details about it after you get it.

lately i'm "disappointed" that fuel prices have not risen more - fuel is as cheap now as it was in 1950. one reason i ordered my TDI jetta in 2002 was that i was thinking that WW4 would push fuel prices to $3 or $4 per gallon. but noooooooo. so until fuel prices do go up to that level, i'm thinking my next vehicle would not be a 48 mpg TDI...

personally i might be dreaming some year about a touareg TDI if they start shipping them to USA again. looks like there won't be any 2005 toareg TDIs here. also i'm waiting for the "stretched" toaureg that is coming some year soon - i need the 3-rows... i'll probably never spell two-a-reg the same way twice.

eli

Veteran Member
TDI
yow that brewcider CRD does look nice. great color

i see it has "CRD" tag. cool.
NH plate ideas:

NOMOGAS
NOTATDI
NOTAVW
NOT-TDI
NOT-VW