www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:34   #16
FLASH1970

yeah, I know the mess will come back. i couldn't get all the rust out of that hole. I plan on getting a different hood anyway. not worth it to cut new metal, weld it in... this is a temp fix to get by for now without having to look at a bunch of car acne. and I also didn't want to blend it onto the fenders because I plan on replacing the hood and front bumper cover and when I do, the blending will stick out.

Filled up yesterday... i can get used to the mileage! id get 280ish miles out of just over 12 gallons in my cobalt babying it the entire tank. i will say going from a 350hp cobalt to the golf makes passing in passing zones much harder though. :/

Last edited by FLASH1970; March 22nd, 2017 at 07:10.
FLASH1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2017, 12:45   #17
FLASH1970

replaced my mirrors a while ago. the old ones didnt heat and were a little discolored.

also, contacted the shop that did the clutch replacement, sent a picture of the receipt, invoice number, car info... asking them if they had any records on which clutch was put in because different clutches have different torque ratings. i wanted to know what i can do as far as upgrades without having to replace a clutch that's a couple years old. their response was..."That would have been a set with flywheel, either a Luk or Sachs. NEW no reman, probably a single mass." As far as I know, Luk and Sachs dont make a SMF clutch for the ALH. so that was no help.

FLASH1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 10:42   #18
MattRabbit
Veteran Member

I like seeing some of these semi-basketcase cars being given new life. They still can really look nice with some TLC and new bits. I bet when you replace the rusted panels, this car will look nearly new! Nice work so far!
MattRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 17:48   #19
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

It's great to see you keeping this car going. I sold the hood off my silver R that would have been perfect replacement for your rusted hood. Just keep at it and you'll have a car that looks good while getting right around 50 mpg
Old April 19th, 2017, 06:39   #20
FLASH1970

hopefully this car keeps going for a long time. I have a lead on a full black leather interior swap w/heated seats too from a member on here. hoping to get it this weekend then put it in. small hole in driver's seat from seat belt but oh well. patch it and call it good. I might also tear the cover off and add seat massagers to the driver seat. but it's from a jetta so the rear pillars, b pillars, headliner... wont be the same. so ill either redo them in black or just use spray dye. I wont have to look at those pillars while driving, so im thinking of going the easy route and use the spray dye. lol. headliner is stained from water around the sunroof (probably from being left open a few times, which ive also done, or clogged drains which I saw a receipt for cleaning out) and sagging around the sun visors so ill re-glue that before I dye it. and ill also have to clean and dye the rear door panels and put the leather insert in them because they are different. I also have to track down an exhaust leak still. and make sure I fixed all the oil leaks. I found a guy parting out a silver golf on CL who has a body panels I need but they won't respond. once the hatch is on ill tint the windows. I like my cars to be vampire friendly and it's waaaay to bright in there with no tint. im thinking I might want to the injectors too. I didn't see a receipt for those being changed at all so im thinking they might be a little tired. im getting around 42-43mpg with the car. 50mpg would be great, but at 80mph about a 1/3 of the time im in the car, wind resistance kills that.

this post got long so recap... lol.
hood, bumper, hatch, tint, interior swap to black leather, fix exhaust, double check to see if oil leaks are fixed, injector upgrade or perhaps tune (maybe both if clutch will handle it) and drive.
Old April 22nd, 2017, 16:47   #21
FLASH1970

did some more work on the car. the old interior is grimy and worn out. so today I pulled it out. I bet if I left it gutted it'd get an extra 2-3 mpg. lol.. I'm going to be re-gluing the headliner that's sagging by the sun visors and spraying it black. i started spray dyeing the parts of the golf that the Jetta interior wont have. and tomorrow I'm going to get a black leather swap!

Old April 24th, 2017, 07:25   #22
FLASH1970

when your garage is full but car parts is life...